Idyllwild Arts Academy
|Idyllwild Arts Academy|
|Type||Private, pre-professional arts training|
|Dean||Gary Gray (Students)
Marianne Kent-Stoll (Academics)
Bonnie Carpenter (Arts)
Tara Sechrest (Admissions)
|Head of school||Dr. Douglas Ashcraft, (Head of School)|
|Number of students||303|
|Campus size||205 acres (83 ha)|
|Campus type||Rural, San Bernardino National Forest|
|Information||951-659-2171 ext. 2223|
Idyllwild Arts Academy, offers a college preparatory program for grades 9–12 and post-graduates, with training in music, theater, dance, visual art, creative writing, film, and interdisciplinary arts. An audition or portfolio is required for admission.
The Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
It was the first independent boarding high school for the arts in the western United States.
- Casey Abrams, season ten American Idol contestant (placed sixth).
- Amanda Aday, actress.
- Neal Bledsoe, actor on Smash and Ugly Betty 
- Douwe Blumberg, noted sculptor.
- Evan Christopher, clarinet.
- Shepard Fairey, artist.
- Greer Grammer, actress 
- Trevor Hall, musician.
- Marin Ireland, actress. 2009 Tony Award Nominee, Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play, reasons to be pretty.
- Michael Tilson Thomas, internationally recognized conductor and pianist 
- Liang Wang, oboe. Principal oboe at the New York Philharmonic.
- Mara Wilson, actress, Class of 2005, Theatre.
- Gawecki, Marcia. "Casey Abrams Makes the Jump from Idyllwild to Burbank". Palm Springs Life. Retrieved August 2013.
- Biography for Amanda Aday. IMDb.com. Retrieved September 24, 2006.
- Seminar Series, IIFC. "Women in Independent Film and Television". Idyllwild Town Crier. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- Wesson, Gail. "Idyllwild: Arts School Leader Retires". The Press Enterprise. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- Blumberg, Douwe. "About the Artist". Douwe Studios. Retrieved 2009.
- Gross, Julie. "William Shatner tours the Frazier Museum and brings a 200lb bronze friend". Louisville.com. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Independent Ear, The. "Heard Evan Christopher Yet?". Open Sky Jazz. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- Christopher, Evan. "About Evan Christopher". Clarinet Road. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- Wesson, Gail. "Idyllwild: Artist Shepard Fairey shares inspiration behind work". The Press Enterprise. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "Shepard Fairey - The Giant: The Definitive Obey Giant Site". The Giant. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- QAmbassador. "Los Angelenos". conciergequestionnaire.com. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Aguilar, Ashleen. "Artist Spotlight: Trevor Hall". The Daily of the University of Washington. Retrieved 28 January 2010.
- Rizzo, Frank. "Reasons to Admire Marin Ireland". The Courant. Retrieved 7 June 2009.
- Kelly, Cynthia. "A Birthday Tune for Idyllwild Arts". LA Times. Retrieved 18 January 1997.
- Wakin, Daniel J. "Pilgrim With an Oboe, Citizen of the World". The New York Times. Retrieved 8 April 2007.
- Wilson, Mara. "Brushes with Greatness". marawilsonwritesstuff.com. Retrieved 10 March 2013.