Igatpuri railway station
|Address||Igatpuri, Dist.Nashik PIN-422403
|Elevation||599.4 metres (1,967 ft)|
|Line(s)||Bhusawal-Kalyan section of Howrah-Nagpur-Mumbai line, Howrah-Allahabad-Mumbai line|
|Structure type||Standard, on ground|
|Baggage check||Not available|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Formerly||Great Indian Peninsula Railway|
It is a loco change-over point for trains moving out of Mumbai as well as trains entering Mumbai. The trains moving out of Mumbai usually change their locomotives to WAP 4 or WAP 7 or WAM 4 as the case may be. The trains entering Mumbai usually change their locomotives to WCAM-3. The station is famous for its Wada Pav and Idli.
The first train in India travelled from Mumbai to Thane on 16 April 1853. By May, 1854, Great Indian Peninsula Railway's Mumbai-Thane line was extended to Kalyan. Bhusawal was set up in 1860, but the service started in the mid-1860s. Service up to Igatpuri was started in 1865.
The Kalyan-Igatpuri section was electrified with 1.5 kV DC overhead system in 1929.Subsequent electrification with 25 kV AC overhead system in the Igatpuri-Manmad sector, with AC/DC change over at Igatpuri, was carried out in 1967-69.The change over of the Mumbai area from DC to AC is in an advanced stage.
130 trains (excluding Summer Special Trains) pass through Igatpuri (which also includes weeklies and biweeklies, etc.) 
Electric trip sheds
Igatpuri has electric trip sheds, with separate sheds for AC locos and AC/DC locos.
- Chronology of railways in India, Part 2 (1832 - 1865). "IR History: Early Days – I". IFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Historical Milestones". Central Railway. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Electric Traction I". History of Electrification. IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "Mumbai Area Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Igatpuri Departures at IndiaRailInfo". IRI. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Sheds and Workshops". IRFCA. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Central Railway zone|