Iggy's Reckin' Balls
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
|Iggy's Reckin' Balls|
North American Nintendo 64 cover art
Iggy's Reckin' Balls is a video game that was developed exclusively for the Nintendo 64 console by Iguana Entertainment and published by Acclaim Entertainment in August 1998. It involves a set of ball characters with faces and unique personalities that race around a series of vertical obstacle courses in order to win medals. The characters use grappling hooks to climb to other platforms and attack other players. Power-ups are scattered throughout the 100 courses, which equip the players with temporary special abilities. Up to four players can participate. Modes of play include Arcade, Mix-up, Time Trial and Battle. There are a total of eight characters to choose from immediately, with an additional nine hidden characters that can be unlocked later. The game is named after Iggy, who is the main character. Iggy represents the developer's mascot, an iguana.
Iggy's Reckin' Balls is a simple racing game with tower-based levels. Each type of stage is divided into 10 towers. The players race up the tower and the first to reach the top is teleported back to the bottom. Once two or three laps (or just one in final towers in each world) have been completed, the tower is destroyed and the player moves on to the next tower.
There are ten worlds in Iggy's Reckin' Balls, each containing ten towers:
- Easy Street: A good place for beginners. Towers here usually take 1 lap.
- Downtown: A city.
- Candy Lane: A world of candy.
- The Deep: An deep mysterious ocean world.
- Soft Sun Bay: A vigorously hot sunny beach land.
- Funkville: A mysterious black-and-white puzzling world with tricky paths.
- Tecktricity: A futuristic high-tech technology based world.
- Sun Canyon: A very steep, dense western based desert.
- Patchwork: A world of patches.
- Tiki Woods: A very deep dark tribal forest. This map is based a lot on technique and grappling skill.
- Iggy's Challenge: All the final towers of each world.
There are initially eight characters to choose from. Each character has his/her own personality.
- Iggy: A typical laid back type of iguana.
- Q-Tee: A pink ball with pigtails.
- Chatter: A ball with a huge set of teeth, but ironically can't talk.
- Amanda: A Green ball with a good morale, but can be easily annoyed and may try knocking you off the tracks.
- Narlie: A jack o' lantern who is supposed to be the evil nemesis of Iggy in this game. He never really has been a fan of fair play when it comes to competition.
- Charlie: A cool blue clown ball who has a signature red nose.
- Sonny: A hot sun who shines bright & enjoys participating in races,.
- Rob-Ert: A content, competitive robot.
- T'Basco: A red high-tempered bull who doesn't really have too mcuh causing nonsense around all other players,.
- Mask: A highly skilled, fast-paced ninja who likes to breeze through competition with his agility & endurance.
- En-Tee-I: An glowing alien that has recently took upon the art of this racing scene and continues to pursue with everyone else.
- I-Ball: An giant eyeball competitor, who shares some similarities with chatter. who represents a main body part
- King Jr.: An Elvis impersonator who is a very competitive player in this race.
- Skully: A skull with a few cracks and often like to cause mischief on the tracks.
- Cecil: A nerdish blue ball with big glasses.
- Snow-Eee: A cool and relaxin snowman.
- Lizzy: Iggy's girlfriend.
The characters are unlocked in random order, but Lizzy is always the last character unlocked.
|This racing game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|