Ignacio Lores Varela
|Full name||Ignacio Lores Varela|
|Date of birth||26 April 1991|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Left Back|
|2012||→ Botev Vratsa (loan)||8||(0)|
|2013||→ CSKA Sofia (loan)||13||(1)|
|2014||→ Bari (loan)||8||(0)|
|2014–||→ Vicenza (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:59, 12 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Ignacio Lores Varela (born 26 April 1991) is a Uruguayan footballer who plays as an Winger for Italian Serie B club Vicenza, on loan from Palermo. He is a former Uruguay U20 international. Lores also holds Spanish passport.
Lores started his football career with Defensor Sporting, making his debut in the Uruguayan Primera División during the 2009–10 season. He made a total of 10 league appearances with the Montevideo-based club.
On 9 July 2011, Lores signed with Italian side Palermo on a five-year deal for a fee of €2.8 million. He was given the number 26 jersey. Lores made his Serie A debut in a 3–1 home win against Bologna on 5 November, coming on as a first-half substitute, replacing the injured Abel Hernández early in the first half. Ignacio started his first Serie A match for Palermo in a 0–0 draw against Parma at the Stadio Ennio Tardini on 4 December.
Loans to Botev Vratsa and CSKA Sofia
On 29 August 2012 he moved on loan to Bulgarian A PFG team Botev Vratsa. After 8 appearances, On 1 February 2013, Lores was loaned out to another A PFG club CSKA Sofia for one-and-a-half year. On 31 March, in a 3–0 home victory over Minyor Pernik, Lores assisted Martin Kamburov for the first goal in a game and later netted his first goal, scoring CSKA's second. He finished the season with 20 appearances and one goal in the league, scored in the 19th day, and two appearances in the domestic cup.
Return to Palermo and Serie B loans
He returned to Palermo for the 2013–14 season, and played his first game of the season on 11 August 2013 on the occasion of the match in the second round of the Italian Cup won 2-1 on Cremonese.
However in the January 2014 he moved on loan to Serie B side Bari, making eight appearances in total. On 12 September 2014, he was sent out on loan to another Serie B club, Vicenza, for the full 2014–15 season.
In May 2011 he won the Suwon Cup with Uruguay's National Under-20, playing all three games and scoring one goal - the first in the National - in the second game against Nigeria ended 2-2
- "IGNACIO LORES VARELA". Soccerway. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- "Il Palermo gioca d'anticipo ed ecco Ignacio Lores Varela". la Repubblica (in Italian). 9 July 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Official: Palermo sign Lores". football-italia.net. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Football transfers 2011: details of all the big moves in Europe". worldsoccer.com. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
- "Palermo 3–1 Bologna". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "Варела подписа с ЦСКА" (in Bulgarian). novsport.com. 2013-02-01.
- "CSKA 3–0 Minyor" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. 2013-03-31.
- "LORES IN PRESTITO AL VICENZA" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Ignacio Lores Varela in biancorosso" (in Italian). Vicenza Calcio. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
|This biographical article related to Uruguayan football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|