Gabilondo taking a corner for Athletic
|Full name||Igor Gabilondo del Campo|
|Date of birth||10 February 1979|
|Place of birth||San Sebastián, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|1997–2000||Real Sociedad B|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Gabilondo was born in San Sebastián, Gipuzkoa. A product of Real Sociedad's youth system he appeared sparingly for the first team in his first two seasons as a professional, but went on to become an important element for the Basque club, scoring five La Liga goals in 33 games during the 2003–04 campaign.
In 2006 Gabilondo moved to arch rivals Athletic Bilbao on a free transfer, producing roughly the same numbers in his first two seasons combined (59 matches and seven goals). On 7 April 2007, he scored the game's only goal in a home win against Valencia CF.
Gabilondo was sparingly played in 2008–09, but the 30-year-old regained his importance in the following year, netting three times during the season, two of those coming in 4–1 home triumphs against CD Tenerife and UD Almería – Athletic finished eighth.
In 2010–11 veteran Gabilondo was regularly used by Athletic Bilbao, alternating between the starting XI and the substitutes bench. He equalled a career-best five goals, either from free kicks or long-distance shots, also scoring against AD Alcorcón for the campaign's Copa del Rey, in a 2–0 home win and 3–0 on aggregate.
On 10 July 2012, aged 33, Gabilondo moved abroad for the first time in his career, signing for one year (with an option for a further season) with AEK Larnaca F.C. in the Cypriot First Division and rejoining former Athletic teammate Ander Murillo.
On 28 December 2011, Gabilondo equalled Julen Guerrero as the most capped played in the history of the Basque Country regional football team. The match against Tunisia was his twelfth appearance with the Euskal Herriko Selekzioa.
- Athletic Bilbao
- UEFA Europa League: Runner-up 2011–12
- Copa del Rey: Runner-up 2008–09, 2011–12
- Supercopa de España: Runner-up 2009
- Athletic Bilbao 1–0 Valencia; ESPN Soccernet, 7 April 2007
- Valencia 2–1 Athletic Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 2 October 2010
- Bilbao ease past Getafe; ESPN Soccernet, 31 October 2010
- Bilbao pick up away win; ESPN Soccernet, 18 December 2010
- Igor Gabilondo jugará en Chipre (Igor Gabilondo will play in Cyprus); Marca, 10 July 2012 (Spanish)
- Esqueleto rojiblanco (Red-and-white skeleton); Deia, 29 December 2011 (Spanish)
- Sin gol (No goal); El Mundo Deportivo, 29 December 2011 (Spanish)