|Native name||Игорь Яковлевич Крутой|
|Birth name||Igor Yakovlevich Krutoy|
June 29, 1954 |
|Genres||Pop music, Instrumental|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, music producer, Television producer|
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Igor Yakovlevich Krutoy (Russian: Игорь Яковлевич Крутой), born on July 29, 1954, is a Russian music composer of Ukrainian descent, performer, producer and musical promoter. Krutoy was awarded the Lenin Komsomol Prize in 1989.
Igor Krutoy was born on July 29, 1954, in Haivoron (Kirovograd oblast). When a child, he taught himself to play the accordion, and later played in the school band. Igor studied at the musical school, and after graduation he entered the Theory faculty at Kirovograd music college, that he graduated with distinction in 1974. He failed to enter the Kiev Conservatory and spent the following year giving accordion classes in Haivoron and Bandurovo village. Next year Igor entered Nikolaev State Pedagogical Institute at conductor (choral music) department. While studying there, he worked in restaurants, where he met singer Aleksander Serov, who later would become his friend and would be perform many of his songs. During that period Krutoy also worked as artistic director of Valentina Tolkunova band and gave performances accompanying famous Russian actor Yevgeny Leonov.
In 1979, he was invited to Moscow Concert Orchestra "Panorama", where he worked together with such famous artists, as Leonid. In 1986 Igor Krutoy finally managed to enter the Saratov Conservatory, the composer department. In parallel, his friend, popular singer Aleksander Serov, was winning international competitions with Igor Krutoy songs "Inspiration" and "In Fate's Despite".
In 2012, Igor Krutoy became the chairman of Music1.ru and a shareholder of Net Element following a $2 million investment into the company. The joint venture culminated with the launch of www.Music1.ru, expected to become the online centerpiece of Krutoy’s music enterprise and the online music market leader in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries.
- Father Yakov Krutoy (1917–1980), worked as a freight forwarder at "RADIODETAL" factory in Haivoron
- Mother Svetlana Krutaya (born 1934) worked as laboratory specialist at sanitary and epidemiological station
- sister Alla Krutaya (married name Baratta), is the author and host of Laskavo prosymo (Welcome, “Ласкаво просимо”) show at TV company "Ukraine". Alla has been living in USA since 1993, she is married to ethnic Italian lawyer Anthony Baratta, and they have one daughter, Natasha, who is a student.
- first spouse - Yelena Krutaya (born in Saint Petersburg)
- son Nickolay Krutoy (born 1981)
- second spouse - Olga Krutaya (born 1963), since 1995. Olga Krutaya lives in New Jersey, USA and is running a business there. Igor and Olga have two daughters together:
- Victoriya (born 1985), she is a singer, graduated from high school in New Jersey
- Aleksandra (born 2003).
- "Ya lublu tebya do slez" ("Я люблю тебя до слёз") by Aleksandr Serov
- "Madonna" ("Мадонна") by Aleksandr Serov
- "Ti menia lubish" ("Ты меня любишь") by Aleksandr Serov
- ""Kak Mne Byt"" ("Как быть") by Aleksandr Serov
- "Lyubov pohozhaya na son" (Любовь, похожая на сон) by Alla Pugacheva
- "Svadebnie Cveti" ("Свадебные цветы") by Irina Allegrova
- "Nezakonchenniy Roman" ("Незаконченный роман") by Irina Allegrova and Igor Krutoy
- "Palma de Mallorca" (" Пальма де-Майорка") by Mikhail Shufutinsky
- "Sharmanka" ("Шарманка") by Nikolay Baskov
- "Sokrovisha Chernogo Morya" ("Сокровища Черного моря") by Valery Leontiev
- "Ya pozabil tvoe lico" ("Я позабыл твое лицо") by Valery Leontiev
- The Snow Queen (Снежная королева, 2003)
- Hostages of "The Devil" (Заложники «Дьявола», 1993)
- Thirst for Passion (Жажда страсти, 1991)
- Souvenir for the prosecutor (Сувенир для прокурора, 1989)
- TV series "Star Factory" (Фабрика звезд) (2002–2007)
Krutoy is head of ARS owns 25% of Muz-TV which plays Russian pop music videos. Since 2002, ARS also organizes the New Wave (competition) for young performers of popular music with Raimonds Pauls and Alla Pugacheva. As a management agency, ARS has signed artists such as Sopho Khalvashi.
- Deja Vu, 2CD+DVD with Dmitri Hvorostovsky 2009.
Titles and awards
- Honoured Art Worker of Russian Federation (1992)
- People's Artist of Russia (1996)
- People's Artist of Ukraine(2011)
- Lenin Komsomol Prize (1989)
- Order of Friendship (27 August 2004)
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland of the 4th class (28 July 2009)
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland of the 3rd class (21 July 2014)
- Е. В. Коровкина Кто есть кто в мире: 1500 имен 2003 p754 (Lengthy article in Russian Who's Who)
- magazine "Российская Федерация сегодня, Issues 13-24 2007 "Живет Игорь Крутой в Майами. Между прочим, лауреат премии Ленинского комсомола"
- "Игорь Крутой биография". Biographer.ru. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Заголовок:. "Биография/Крутой, Игорь Крутой". Peoples.ru. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Игорь Крутой: биография, новости, фото - Игорь Крутой". Uznayvse.ru. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Алла Баратта". Allabaratta.tripod.com. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Presenters / Kanal Ukraina". Kanalukraina.tv. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- Сергей Фролов & Валерий Щëлкин Легенды ВИА 2007 p81 "Композитор Игорь Крутой, сегодня крутой глава продюсерского центра «Арс»"
- ""Нпеюмдю-Мнбнярх": Йскэрспю / Хцнпэ Йпсрни Ярюк "Мюпндмшл Юпрхярнл" Сйпюхмш". Oreanda.ru. 2011-08-25. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Игорь Крутой Получил Орден Дружбы". Intermedia.ru. Retrieved 2013-02-23.
- "Игорь Крутой награжден орденом "За заслуги перед отечеством" IV степени". Svpressa.ru. Retrieved 2013-02-23.