Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (2011 TV series)
|Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin|
|Also known as||Only You|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Dode Cruz|
|Directed by||Roderick A.P. Lindayag|
|Theme music composer||Louie Ocampo|
|Opening theme||"Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin" by Joey Albert|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||90 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph Aleta|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original run||October 10, 2011– February 10, 2012|
|Related shows||Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin (2001)|
Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin or Only You (international title) is a remake of the 2001 primetime television series of the same title. Produced by GMA Network, the 2011 version stars Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio, Joyce Ching and Kristofer Martin and directed by Roderick Lindayag. It premiered last October 10, 2011 replacing Sinner or Saint in GMA's Afternoon Prime (formerly Dramarama sa Hapon) block.
The Series maintains a High-Rating lead on the Afternoon schedule.
The series concluded on February 10, 2012, it ran for 18 weeks with 90 episodes in all. It was replaced by The Good Daughter.
Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin (I'll only love you) was a Philippine drama/teledrama shown on GMA Network in 2001 starring drama actress Angelika dela Cruz. The story revolves around the saga of Katherine who suffers from amnesia after an incident that separates her from her family and must take a journey towards finding her true identity, fighting for the man she loves and claiming for what is rightfully hers. It was recently re-aired internationally on GMA Life TV.
Mylene and Clarissa are cousins and best friends at the same time. They are inseparable until a landslide strikes their community, which causes Mylene to suffer from amnesia.
While wearing Mylene's necklace (an heirloom necklace from Mylene's rich father Ferdinand), Clarissa ends up in a slum area and grows up under the care of a family of crooks.
Meanwhile, Mylene lives a difficult life as Katherine, with Ising, the kind woman who saved her from the landslide. After Ising is accused of stealing from the wicked Raquel, Katherine has no choice but to work as a housemaid to pay for Ising's debts and to get her out of the jail.
The two girls have learned to accept their destiny until Clarissa crosses paths with Ferdinand, and mistakes her for being his missing daughter and sole heiress, for she is still wearing Mylene's necklace. Seeing this as an opportunity to live a comfortable life, Clarissa pretends to be Mylene.
By a startling twist of fate, Clarissa then pretending to be Mylene, crosses paths with Charles, Katherine's friend and confidante, and develops romantic feelings for him. As she tries to win Charles' love and attention, Clarissa points false allegations at Katherine, without knowing that Katherine and the real Mylene are one and the same.
Will Clarissa's real identity be revealed? Will Mylene's memory ever return? Will Charles' love for Katherine/Mylene set her free from all the pain and heartache?
Cast and characters
- Barbie Forteza as Mylene Avelino Fuentebella
- Joshua Dionisio as Charles Ballesteros
- Joyce Ching as Clarissa Delos Angeles
- Kristofer Martin as Jepoy Dimaculangan
- Gardo Versoza as Ferdinand Fuentebella
- Sheryl Cruz as Amara Luna
- Tanya Garcia as Lilian Avelino-Fuentebella
- Matet de Leon as Ising Somera
- Karla Estrada as Loida
- Ehra Madrigal as Dra. Katrina
- Ernie Garcia as Badong
- Joko Diaz as Berto
- Kier Legaspi as Joel
- Maricar de Mesa as Helena
- Shirley Fuentes as Raquel
- Victor Aliwalas as Rommel
- Ella Cruz as Britney
- Gianna Cutler as Katherine Somera
- Carmen Soriano as Corazon
- Teejay Marquez as Victor
- Sarah Lahbati as young Amara
- Bianca King as young Katherine
- Diva Montelaba as young Lilian
- Julie Anne San Jose as young Mylene
- Elmo Magalona as young Ferdinand
- Julia Joan Chua as Young Clarissa
Differences from the 2001 Version
- Katherine's last name was changed from Morales to Somera, same as Charles' last name, it was Madrigal on the first version and Ballesteros on the remake version.
- Mylene and Clarissa were half-blooded sisters on the original version. In the remake, they were cousins.
- Lilian was not the wife of Ferdinand on the 2001 version. In the remake, they were married couple.
- Clarissa died on the original version, while in the 2011 remake, she eventually became an ally of the Fuentebellas towards the end of the series.
- Meding, the woman who adopted Mylene and Beatrice, Charles' mother were changed to Ising and Helena in the new version.
- In the 2001 version, Charles died due to cancer and Katherine ended up marrying Joseph, Charles' bestfriend. The character of Joseph did not appear on the 2011 version and Katherine ended up with Charles.
- In the 2001 version, Amara Luna wanted to kill Mylene and Ferdinand because of their fortune. While in the 2011 version, Amara Luna wanted to kill Mylene and Lilian because of her love for Ferdinand.
- In the 2001 version, Ferdinand ended up with Martina, her long lost love, while in the 2011 version, Martina did not appear and Ferdinand lived happily with Lilian, Katherine's mother.
- The psychiatrist who fell in love with Ferdinand was Corrine in the 2001 version, it was changed to Katrina.
- In the 2001 version, Katherine was in her twenties, while in the 2011 version, Katherine was just a mere teenager.
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin
- Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Lahat Sa Akin