Ike! Greenman (known as Go! Greenman in North America) is a tokusatsu tv series by Toho in 1973. It ran from November 12, 1973, to September 27, 1974. It emerged as a follow-up series to Ike! Godman, but the two share no continuity. Compared to Ike! Godman, Ike! Greenman has an established plot.
Deep beneath Japan, a demonic creature called Maoh plots his escape after being imprisoned there by a god. But, in order to do this, he has to obtain the blood of human children, and summons his sidekick, Tonchiki to assist him. He also uses a legion of Kaiju and clay doll Phantoms (called Maoh-no Teshita) to assist him in his task. However, his plans are quickly foiled after Greenman, a self-described 'envoy of god', descends from Space to do battle against Maoh's pawns. After his first battle on Earth, he gives the kids two devices called 'Green Calls', which can be used to summon him whenever the children are in danger.
Toho movie monster appearances
- 04. Gaira  from War of the Gargantuas.
- 14. Gabara from All Monsters Attack.
- 31. Sanda from War of the Gargantuas.
- 38. King Kong from King Kong Escapes. Note: Due to copyright reasons the character was simply called "Gorilla". It was the same suit from the film, but looked slightly different due to repairs having been made on it for the show.
- 46. An evil version of Minilla, the son of Godzilla.
These are the monsters from the various episodes. The show lasted 52 episodes (each broken into 3 parts).
- 05. Burupuru
- 06. Tsunojirasu
- 07. Stalk
- 08. Baringa
- 09. Megahertz
- 10. Dragonder
- 11. Tottosaurus
- 12. Danbaraki
- 13. King Takoras
- 15. Gyaron
- 16. Motoras
- 17. Blue Guerrilla
- 18. The Doroku Alien
- 19. Spider
- 20. Fokusaurus
- 21. Buranka
- 22. Ibokira
- 23. Gowakudon
- 24. Jairokku
- 25. Daiketto
- 26. Sekuron #1
- 27. Inaburun
- 28. Robabura
- 29. Giringa
- 30. Red Rock
- 32. Shibiregon
- 33. Zarizon
- 34. Red Flasher and Blue Flasher
- 35. Sutegojiras
- 36. The Teborasu Alien
- 37. Yasugon
- 39. Spider II
- 40. Shiraji
- 41. Akumon
- 42. Kaparuge
- 43. Kuipatto
- 44. Hotta
- 45. Miss Mutant
- 47. Fonshugaron
- 48. Ninja Monster
- 49. Magic Monster
- 50. Tonchiki
- 51. The Pattern Monster
- 52. MAOH the DEVIL KING (aka "The Devil")
-Note: The henchman are known as Maoh-no Teshita (Devil's underlings).
- Like in Godman, Gabara suit was green instead of blue.
- Sanda has a new head and wig, and can spray out a mist which makes people sleepy.
- Gaira, like Sanda, also has a new head and wig.
- The Gargantua costumes in this show are in very poor condition. Not only do the suits look like they are rotting (despite a new paintjob), but tears can clearly be seen in the legs.
- The Minilla suit in this show is brand new (and looks very cheaply built) and is not an actual suit from any of the Godzilla films.
- The Flasher kaiju (from episode 34) had previously been seen in the show Totsugeki Hyuman. Since Nippon TV co-produced that show, and co-produced this show with Toho, they were able to use the Flasher costumes. Red Rock, Shibiregon, Zarizon, Spider, Giringa, Gejiru, Stalk, Megahertz, Danbarki, Gyraron and Garmeddeon also appeared on Totsugeki Hyuman.
The various theme songs that appear in this show are:
Sung by: ‘Call Unizone’ Lyrics by: Fuji Konosuke Music by: Yamashita Takeo Arrangement by: ‘Bob’ Sakuma
-Note: This is the song that plays during the shows opening.
- Green-Man March
Sung by: Nakatsu Tomoyoshi & Green Peace Lyrics by: Fuji Konosuke Music by: Setitguchi Tokichi Arrangement by: ‘Bob’ Sakuma
- Green-Man No Chosenjou (Green-Man’s Challenge)
Sung by: Nakatsu Tomoyoshi & Green Peace Lyrics by: Fuji Konosuke Music by: Yamashita Takeo Arrangement by: ‘Bob’ Sakuma