|Developer(s)||Joey Hess et al|
|Initial release||April 29, 2006|
|Stable release||3.20140227 (November 24, 2014[±])|
ikiwiki is a free, open source wiki application, designed by Joey Hess. It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ikiwiki is written in Perl, although external plugins can be implemented in any language.
ikiwiki supports several lightweight markup languages, including Markdown, Creole, reStructuredText and Textile. In the simplest case, it can function as an off-line static web site generator, but it can use CGI to function as a normal web-interfaced wiki as well. Login via OpenID is supported.
Use as a (possibly-distributed) bug tracker
Although wikis and bug tracking systems are conventionally viewed as distinct types of software, Ikiwiki can also be used as a (possibly-distributed) bug tracking system; however, "Ikiwiki has little structured data except for page filenames and tags," so its query functionality is not as advanced or as user-friendly as some other, centralised bug trackers such as Bugzilla.
- Hess, Joey (2014-11-24), "ikiwiki/ news/ version 3.20141016", ikiwiki, retrieved 2014-12-20
- Huber, Mathias (January 21, 2011), "Ikiwiki und Gitit: Quelltext-Repositories als Wiki" [Ikiwiki and Gitit: source code repositories as wiki], Linux Magazine (in German), retrieved March 26, 2012
- Casad, Joe (2009), "Ikiwiki" (pdf), Ubuntu User (Linux New Media) (2): 49–51, retrieved January 9, 2012
- "blog", ikiwiki, retrieved April 23, 2012
- Hess, Joey (April 6, 2007), "Integrated issue tracking with Ikiwiki", NetworkWorld, retrieved December 28, 2011