Ikko (makeup artist)
20 January 1962
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Ikko (born Kazuyuki Toyoda (豊田 一幸 Toyoda Kazuyuki?) on 20 January 1962 in Fukuoka Prefecture) is a Japanese trans woman make-up artist and TV personality. The name "Ikko" comes from an alternative reading of the Japanese name "一幸" (Ikkō).
Ikko graduated from a beauty college in Fukuoka Prefecture, and trained as a makeup artist for eight years before opening her own "Atelier Ikko" make-up studio in 1992.
As of October 2008, Ikko regularly appears on the following TV programmes.
- Onē Mans (おネエ★MANS?) (Nippon Television)
- Sekai Baribari Value (世界バリバリ☆バリュー?) (Mainichi Broadcasting System)
- Mentai Wide (めんたいワイド?) (Fukuoka Broadcasting System, Wednesday commentator)
Ikko has published the following books.
- IKKOの振袖ロマンティック, 2004, ISBN 4-391-61976-8
- IKKOウェディング――永遠のガーリッシュウェディング, 2005, ISBN 4-391-62110-X
- 超オンナ磨き〜美のカリスマIKKOの幸せを呼ぶゴールデンルール, July 2006, ISBN 4-7762-0336-7
In December 2007, Ikko released a CD single titled "Dondake no Hōsoku", based on her popular catchphrase. The single also included a cover of "Dō ni mo tomaranai", a 1972 hit song originally performed by Linda Yamamoto.
- Ikko Profile. Retrieved on 18 October 2008. (Japanese)
- "Ikko Dondake No Housoku CD Single" Retrieved on 18 October 2008.
- "Dondake?! Transvestite TV-star IKKO releases single" (12 October 2007). Retrieved on 18 October 2008.