Il Rosa Nudo
|Il Rosa Nudo|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Giovanni Coda|
|Produced by||ReindeerCat Solutions|
|Written by||Giovanni Coda|
|Music by||Irma Toudjian
Les Sticks Fluo
|Edited by||Andrea Lotta|
|Distributed by||ReindeerCat Solutions|
|Running time||70 minutes|
|Language||Italian, English subtitles|
Il Rosa Nudo (Naked Rose) is a 2013 Italian film written and directed by Giovanni Coda. The film was shot in Quartu Sant'Elena and Siliqua, in Sardinia, Italy. The Italian premiere took place during the 2013 edition of the Torino GLBT Film Festival - Da Sodoma a Hollywood.
It has been selected as a special event, "for its high artistic, historical and moral value", inside the 7th edition of the Queer Lion Award of the 70th Venice Film Festival 2013.
Il Rosa Nudo has been awarded the Gold Jury Prize in the Feature Films category at the 2013 edition of Seattle Social Justice Film Festival and the Film For Peace Award at Gothenburg Indie Film Fest 2014, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Il Rosa Nudo (Naked Rose) is a film inspired by the life of Pierre Seel. The film focuses on an episode which will mark forever the existence of Pierre Seel, who was imprisoned by the Nazis at the age of seventeen: deported to the Schirmeck concentration camp, he witnessed the atrocious death of his partner. After the war he didn't speak to anyone about the reason for his imprisonment, and eventually he married and had three children.
In 1982, outraged by the violent attacks against gays by the Bishop of Strasbourg, he decided to write his autobiography and to denounce the atrocities he suffered. Coda's film recalls the testimony of other victims of Nazi persecution of homosexuals and describes the pseudo-scientific experiments to which many of them were subjected by the SS physician Carl Vaernet.
Awards and Official Selections
- Gold Jury Prize in the Feature Films category at the 2013 edition of Seattle Social Justice Film Festival.
- Special event, "for its high artistic, historical and moral value", inside the 7th edition of the Queer Lion Award of the 70th Venice Film Festival 2013.
- Official Selection at Torino GLBT Film Festival 2013.
- Official Selection at Florence Queer Festival 2013.
- Official Selection at Naples Human Rights Film Festival 2013.
- Official Selection at Macon Film Festival 2014. Nomination for Best Narrative Feature, Best Directing, Best Acting, Best Editing.
- Official Selection at Athens International Film + Video Festival 2014, Athens, Ohio, USA.
- Film For Peace Award at Gothenburg Indie Film Fest 2014, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Official Selection at KASHIS Mumbai Queer Film Festival 2014, Mumbai, India.
- Official Selection at 28th Festival Mix, Milan.
- Selected for the David di Donatello Award nominations 2013/14 in the Best Debut category.
- Selected for the Ciak d'Oro Award nominations 2014.
- Pierre Seel
- Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust
- LGBT rights in France
- Paragraph 175
- Pink triangle
- Violence against LGBT people
- Il Rosa Nudo, La Repubblica.it -TrovaCinema (Retrieved 19-06-2013);
- Quando i deportati erano omosessuali, Artribune (Retrieved 19-06-2013);
- Il Rosa Nudo, Corriere della Sera.it CinemaTv (Retrieved 19-06-2013);
- Il Rosa Nudo, FilmTv.it (Retrieved 19-06-2013);
- Il Rosa Nudo, CinemaGay.it (Retrieved 19-06-2013);
- Celestino Tabasso, Liberi tutti, ma non Pierre. Coda racconta la Shoah gay, L'Unione Sarda, 08-06-2013 (Retrieved 08-06-2013);
- Massimiliano Messina, I nazisti e la folle paura del diverso, Sardegna Quotidiano, 08-06-2013 (Retrieved 08-06-2013);
- "Il Rosa Nudo" di Giovanni Coda vince al Social Justice Film Festival di Seattle, cinemaitaliano.info (Retrieved 18-11-2013);
- Elisabetta Randaccio, Il Rosa Nudo: per una memoria dell'omocausto. Sulle orme di Pierre Seel. In Andrea Minuz e Guido Vitiello (Ed.), La Shoah nel cinema italiano, pp. 196–198. Soveria Mannelli: Rubbettino. ISBN 978-88-498-3871-8;
- Film Italiani in concorso 2013-2014: Il Rosa Nudo., daviddidonatello.it (Retrieved 30-06-2014);
- Ciak d'Oro 2014. I film italiani, Ciak N.5, 05-05-2014, pg. 93 (Retrieved 30-06-2014);
- Evento Speciale Il Rosa Nudo di Giovanni Coda alla 70ma Mostra del Cinema di Venezia IMG Press (retrieved 26-08-2013).
- Seattle Social Justice Film Festival 2013 Award Winners’’ (Retrieved 08-06-2013)
- Carl Vaernet made studies of a preparation containing hormones. His aim was to "cure homosexuality". About 80% of the prisoners forced to take part in the experiment with injections of massive doses of testosterone died.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Il Rosa Nudo|