Ilha Solteira Dam
|Ilha Solteira Dam|
Ilha Solteira Dam discharging water through its spillway
|Location||Ilha Solteira, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, concrete portion|
|Height||76 m (249 ft)|
|Length||5.6 km (3.5 mi)|
|Spillway type||Service, gate-controlled|
|Spillway capacity||40,000 m3/s (1,400,000 cu ft/s)|
|Creates||Ilha Solteira Reservoir|
|Total capacity||21.2 km3 (5.1 cu mi)|
|Surface area||1,195 km2 (461 sq mi)|
|Turbines||20 x Francis turbines|
|Installed capacity||3,444 MW|
|Annual generation||17.9 billion kWh (2005)|
The Ilha Solteira Dam is an embankment dam on the Paraná River near Ilha Solteira in São Paulo, Brazil. It was constructed between 1967 and 1973 for hydroelectric power production, flood control and navigation.
The dam supports hydroelectric power plant with an installed capacity of 3,444 MW. The power plant contains 20 generators with Francis turbines that are broken down into three ratings: 11 X 170 MW, 5 X 174 MW and 4 X 176 MW. In 2005, the power plant produced 17.9 billion kWh of electricity.
- Energy policy of Brazil
- Eng Souza Dias (Jupiá) Dam
- Eng Sérgio Motta (Porto Primavera) Dam
- Itaipu Dam
- List of power stations in Brazil
- V. K. Rumyantsev; T. M. Rumyantseva (December 1977). "The Ilha Solteira hydroelectric plant (Brazil)". Power Technology and Engineering (formerly Hydrotechnical Construction) 10 (12): 1254–1259. doi:10.1007/BF02378484.
- "Corporate Profile". CESP. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Hydroelectric Plants in Brazil - São Paulo". IndustCards. Retrieved 7 September 2010.