|Town of Iliff, Colorado|
Location in Logan County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||February 20, 1906|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||3,835 ft (1,169 m)|
|• Density||710/sq mi (304.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||171118|
The Town of Iliff is a Statutory Town located in Logan County, Colorado, United States. The population was 213 at the 2000 census. The town's name is shared with the 2300 South block in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area street system; Iliff Avenue is a major traffic artery in Aurora and has an interchange with I-225.
Iliff is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 213 people, 93 households, and 59 families residing in the town. The population density was 846.2 people per square mile (329.0/km²). There were 112 housing units at an average density of 445.0 per square mile (173.0/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 90.14% White, 0.47% Asian, 7.04% from other races, and 2.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12.21% of the population.
There were 93 households out of which 22.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.6% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.5% were non-families. 30.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.29 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the town the population was spread out with 23.0% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 18.8% from 25 to 44, 31.5% from 45 to 64, and 16.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 106.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $25,625, and the median income for a family was $29,375. Males had a median income of $30,938 versus $16,000 for females. The per capita income for the town was $15,634. About 12.3% of families and 14.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.2% of those under the age of eighteen and 10.3% of those sixty five or over.
The town also has a town hall located inside the preschool, a post office, a restaurant called Cecilias Kitchen that serves Mexican and American food, and the Iliff Computer Center, Inc., which specializes in computer and gaming equipment. Iliff also has a prestige water tower. Let's not forget, it is home to the world famous "Caliche House" residents.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile for Iliff, Colorado". ePodunk. Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 164.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.