|Origin||Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, indie folk, alternative rock, folk rock|
|Labels||Ace Fu Records, +1 Records, Rockhampton Records|
|Associated acts||Trip 66|
|Past members||Daniel Pawlovich
Illinois is an American indie rock band from Bucks County, Pennsylvania fronted by singer/guitarist/banjoist/keyboardist Chris Archibald. The other members of the band are Martin Hoeger (bass, vocals), John Paul Kuyper (drums) and Jason Buzolits (keyboard, synthesizer, guitar). The band is occasionally accompanied on stage by Scott Labor (guitar, miscellaneous), Craig Labor (percussion), and Dee Jay Skipmode (turntables). To date, the band has released four albums, while a fifth is slated for a 2013 release.
Illinois self-released their first EP, Revenge of Some Kid in 2006. In early 2007, Ace Fu Records signed the group after hearing their debut EP. Illinois released What the Hell Do I Know? on Ace Fu later that year, garnering comparisons to The White Stripes, The Arcade Fire, Coconut Records, The Morning Benders and Wilco. The group toured and played SXSW following the release of the EP. Following this, the group toured with The Kooks. After signing with +1 Records in 2009, Illinois released The Adventures of Kid Catastrophe and subsequently embarked on nationwide tours alongside Menomena and The Builders and the Butchers.
In July 2011, a new album titled Lemonade Stand was released and has been made available to stream on SoundCloud and the band's official website. Sometime in 2011, the band left +1 Records and created Rockhampton Records with fellow band Eastern Conference Champions.
Illinois is currently in the studio finishing up an album, which was originally due out in October 2012.
- Chris Archibald - vocals, guitar, keyboards, banjo
- Martin Hoeger - bass, vocals
- John-Paul Kuyper - drums
- Jason Buzolits - guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Daniel Pawlovich - guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Andrew Lee - guitar, keyboards, vocals, dancing, magic
- Revenge of Some Kid EP (2006)
- What the Hell Do I Know? EP (Ace Fu Records, 2007)
- We Were Wrong Single (Ace Fu Records, 2008)
- The Adventures of Kid Catastrophe Deluxe Edition LP (May 5, 2009, released on iTunes)
- Lemonade Stand LP (July 21, 2011, streaming online)
- Illinois in Concert. NPR, April 13, 2007.
- Ace Fu Signs Illinois. Aversion, February 15, 2007.
- Review of What the Hell Do I Know?. Pop Matters, March 6, 2007.
- Illinois at Allmusic
- Review of What the Hell Do I Know. Pitchfork Media, June 4, 2007.
- Trainwreck Riders, Illinois Detonate Underground. SPIN, March 27, 2007.
- "The Kooks wrap up US tour with sold-out shows | News". Nme.Com. 2007-05-13. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Illinois Embark on US Tour". Plusonemusic.net. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Martin Hoeger (2011-07-21). "Lemonade-Stand by Martin Hoeger on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds". Soundcloud.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.