Illinois Route 165
|Maintained by IDOT|
|Length:||29.64 mi (47.70 km)|
|Existed:||1924 – present|
|West end:||IL 9 in Merna|
|East end:||IL 47 in Sibley|
Illinois Route 165 is a 29.64-mile (47.70 km) east–west state route in east-central Illinois. It runs from Illinois Route 9 east of Bloomington to Illinois Route 47 in Sibley. The route was established in 1924 along its current alignment. Route 165 is maintained by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Route 165 begins at an intersection with Illinois Route 9 in unincorporated McLean County east of Bloomington. It heads north through farmland into Towanda Township, passing through the community of Merna. The route turns east after leaving Merna and enters Blue Mound Township. Route 165 continues east to Cooksville, where it turns north before heading east into Martin Township. The route heads northeast before turning east along the northern border of Colfax. It continues east along the border between Martin and Lawndale townships, which becomes the border between Anchor and Cropsey townships. At Anchor, Route 165 heads north into Cropsey Township. It then turns east, crossing a railroad before entering Ford County. The route passes through Sullivant Township before terminating at Illinois Route 47 in Sibley. Illinois 165 is a rural undivided two-lane road for its entire length.
Route 165 was designated along its current route under the 1924 State Bond Issue bill for the purpose of connecting Sibley, Anchor, Colfax, Cooksville, and Merna. It was first marked on the 1929 highway map; at this point, the route between Cooksville and Colfax had not been paved. The entire route was paved by 1930.
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Illinois Technology Transfer Center (2006). "T2 GIS Data". Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- Illinois Department of Transportation (2010). McLean County General Highway Map (Map). http://www.dot.state.il.us/maps/county/mclean.pdf. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Illinois Department of Transportation (1983). Ford County General Highway Map (Map). http://www.dot.state.il.us/maps/county/ford.pdf. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – Overview map of Route 165 Distances Between Interchanges (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=IL-165+E%2FN+2300+East+Rd%2FCounty+Rd+2300+E&daddr=IL-165+E&hl=en&geocode=FeXIaQIdyp-0-g%3BFTpTawId7Fi7-g&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=16&sll=40.590541,-88.388486&sspn=0.008457,0.027466&ie=UTF8&ll=40.546157,-88.597183&spn=0.270797,0.617294&t=h&z=11. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- Illinois Blue Book, 1923–1924. State of Illinois. 1923. p. 267. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "1929 Official Illinois Highway Map". Illinois Digital Archives. Illinois State Library. Retrieved 2011-02-26.
- "Official 1930 Illinois Highway Map". Illinois Digital Archives. Illinois State Library. Retrieved 2011-02-26.