|Birth name||Jawhar Glass|
|Origin||Columbus, Ohio, United States|
|Genres||Alternative hip hop
Underground hip hop
|Associated acts||Greenhouse Effect, Orphanage|
Jawhar Glass (born January 18, 1980), better known by his stage name Illogic, is an American indie hip hop artist from Columbus, Ohio. He has collaborated with many artists—particularly Blueprint, who has produced three of his albums, but also Aesop Rock, Vast Aire, Eyedea, Slug and other MCs. His style has been described as having "a classically metered flow" with "deep lyrics and poetic verses."
Illogic began his career in freestyle battles and became the Columbus champion in 1997. He released his first four albums with Weightless Recordings which established himself as a forerunner of the indie rap boom. Illogic then moved to the Dove Ink label which he ran with his friend Eyamme until his return to Weightless Recordings in 2009 for Diabolical Fun accompanied by Ill Poetic.
In 2012, he released an EP titled Preparing for Capture, which was entirely produced by Blockhead in preparation for their upcoming full-length album, Capture the Sun. Speaking on the collaboration, Illogic said, "We have worked hard to really try to find our own identity as a duo and not to try recreate what I've done with other producers and what he has done with other artists." After the success of Preparing for Capture, they proceeded to release a sequel to the EP, Preparing for Capture 2.
- Unforeseen Shadows (2000)
- Got Lyrics? (2001)
- Celestial Clockwork (2004)
- Diabolical Fun (2009)
- Capture the Sun (2013) (with Blockhead)
- Bend But Don't Break (2013) (with Blueprint, as Greenhouse)
- Write to Death Volume 1: My Hand Hurts (2003)
- Write to Death Volume 2: The Missing Pieces (2006)
- One Bar Left (2008)
- Preparing for Capture 1 (2012) (with Blockhead)
- Preparing for Capture 2 (2012) (with Blockhead)
- After Capture (2013) (with Blockhead)
- Clouddead - "Apt. A" from Clouddead (2000)
- Aesop Rock - "One Brick" from Labor Days (2001)
- Blueprint - "Who Do You Love?" from Adventures in Counter-Culture (2011)
- "Illogic - Celestial Clockwork". HipHopDX. April 10, 2004. Retrieved June 5, 2011.
- Mills, Brad "Illogic Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2011-06-05
- Fallen, Mildred (October 24, 2012). "Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose". City Beat.
- Flexner, Wes (March 25, 2009). "Locals Only: Illogic". Columbus Alive.
- Amoeba Music "Hip-Hop Rap-Up, Week Ending 08.10.12:", retrieved 2012-10-26
- Umile, Dominic (April 16, 2004). "Illogic: Celestial Clockwork". PopMatters.
- Flexner, Wes (June 13, 2012). "Illogic, Blockhead prove indie rap still has merit". The Other Paper.
- Betz, Chet (April 22, 2009). "Illogic: Diabolical Fun". Coke Machine Glow.
- Ellis, Matthew (June 6, 2012). "Stream Illogic And Blockhead's New EP 'Preparing For Capture'". Prefix.