From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up illumination in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Illumination, an observable property and effect of light, may also refer to:
- Illumination (lighting), the use of light sources
- Illumination (image), the use of light and shadow in art
- Illuminated manuscript, the artistic decoration of hand-written texts
- Global illumination, algorithms used in computer graphics to add realistic lighting to 3D scenes
Spirituality and religion
- Illuminationism, c.q. Illuminationist philosophy, a doctrine according to which the process of human thought needs to be aided by divine grace
- Light (theology), Illumination in theological terms, is spiritual information or wisdom, as transmitted through spiritual means such as through divine presence
- Illumination (Walter Davis, Jr. album), 1977 album by American jazz pianist Walter Davis, Jr.
- Illumination (The Pastels album), 1997 album by the Scottish band The Pastels
- Illumination (Paul Weller album), 2002 album by English singer Paul Weller
- Illumination (Earth, Wind & Fire album), 2005 album by American R&B group Earth, Wind & Fire
- Illumination (Robert Rich album), 2007
- Illumination (Tristania album), 2007 album by Norwegian gothic metal band Tristania
- Illumination (Miami Horror album), 2010 album by Australian group Miami Horror
- "Illumination", a song by Gogol Bordello from their 2005 album Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike
- "Illumination", a song by Lindsey Buckingham from his 2011 album Seeds We Sow
- Illumination Entertainment, an animated film production company owned by Universal Studios
- Illumination Pictures, an American-based independent film company
- The Illumination, a 1973 film directed by Krzysztof Zanussi
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Illumination.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.