|LOA||3.7 m (12 ft)|
|LWL||3.23 m (10.6 ft)|
|Beam||0.85 m (2 ft 9 in)|
|Draft||0.69 m (2 ft 3 in)|
|Hull weight||320 kg (710 lb)|
|Main & jib area||3.4 m2 (37 sq ft)|
|Spinnaker area||4.5 m2 (48 sq ft)|
|Infobox last updated: 05/02/2013|
The Illusion is a one-design, single-handed keelboat based on the lines of a 12 metre yacht. Its features include foot pedal steering, genoa roller reefing, full trimming facilities, large buoyancy tanks, and car-top mounting. It was designed by Jo Richards and Neil Graham in 1981.
Clubs racing Illusions in the UK are:
- Aldenham SC, Elstree (Herts.)
- Bembridge SC (IoW)
- West Kirby SC, Wirral (Merseyside)[not specific enough to verify]
- Parker, Selwyn (16 November 1981). "How To Keep Your Head Above Water", Sports Illustrated. Retrieved on 3 November 2008.
- Garnatz, Judy (18 May 1983). "Illusion 12 may be small, but has big ideas", The Evening Independent, pp 25.
- "". Aldenham Sailing Club (see webcam: ).
- Bembridge Sailing Club website.
- www.wksc.net West Kirby Sailing Club website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Illusion (keelboat).|
|This article about a type of ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|