|• Hebrew||עִלּוּט, עילוט|
|• Type||Local council (from 1991)|
|• Head of Municipality||Hassan Ali|
|• Total||3,051 dunams (3.051 km2 or 1.178 sq mi)|
Ilut (Arabic: عيلوط; Hebrew: עִלּוּט) is an Arab local council in the North District of Israel. It was declared a local council in 1991. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS), it had a population of 6,600 in 2006 with a growth rate of 2.5%.
- Amos, Edna (2009-02-15), ‘Ilut Final Report (121), Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 274)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center. p.62
- Hütteroth, Wolf-Dieter; Abdulfattah, Kamal (1977). Historical Geography of Palestine, Transjordan and Southern Syria in the Late 16th Century. Erlanger Geographische Arbeiten, Sonderband 5. Erlangen, Germany: Vorstand der Fränkischen Geographischen Gesellschaft. ISBN 3-920405-41-2. (p. 189)
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 105)