ICAT Design & Media College
|ICAT Design & Media College|
|Type||Education - College|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Chennai - 91-9500128555 Bangalore - 91-9611173607 Hyderabad - 91-8886233334|
ICAT Design & Media College is India’s first Digital Media College that offers regular UG and PG programs in various streams of the Design and Media field. ICAT (expanded as Image College of Arts, Animation & Technology) Design and Media College is managed by Image Infotainment Ltd, an ISO 9001 - 2000 Certified Knowledge Powerhouse that has been fuelling the growth of Digital Media in India for over two decades now.
ICAT was established in 2004, when the growing business opportunities in India in Animation, Visual FX and Gaming created a need for skilled professionals to handle International projects with ease. From then, it expanded its services through various new courses in different streams and also by establishing its branches in different locations. By 2008, it became one of the India's Largest Digital Media Colleges with 3 state-of-the-art campuses in Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, offering varied programs. In 2009, ICAT was rated as No.1 Animation & Gaming College in India by The Week - AC Nielsen Survey and in 2011 by Deccan Chronicle.
Following are the courses offered at ICAT:
- B.A. Advertising Design
- B.A. Animation
- B.A. Fashion Design
- B.A. Game Art & Design
- B.A. Graphic Design & Development
- B.A. Interior Design
- B.A. Photography
- B.A. Visual Effects
- B.Sc. Digital Media
- B.Sc. Game Design & Development
- B.Sc. Game Development
- B.Sc. Game Programming
- B.Sc. Media Technology
- B.Sc. U Design & Development
- B.Sc. Visual Media
- M.Sc. Multimedia
Postgraduate diploma courses
- PG Diploma in 3D Animation
- PG Diploma in Advertising
- PG Diploma in Game Design
- PG Diploma in Game Development
- PG Diploma in Interior Design
- PG Diploma in Multimedia
- PG Diploma in VFX
- PG Diploma in UI Design and Development
ICAT offers internationally recognized undergraduate degrees, validated by the Birmingham City University, UK. The international validation enables ICAT to offer its courses at the standards defined by the Birmingham City University.
ICAT also offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs partnering with Bharathiar University. Such programs offered in partnering with Bharathiar University are recognized by the Government of India and comes under the purview of UGC.
As ICAT’s courses are accredited at the national and international front, it is very keen on offering quality education in par with the latest industry trends. The curriculum of the courses is framed to meet the global industry standards, by the internationally acclaimed Advisory Board. The members of the Advisory Board include renowned, award-winning professionals in Hollywood, Indian film industry, Gaming industry and Education.
Having offering education in the creative streams, ICAT practices research-oriented, practical method of learning that would help each student to dwell into the technology and nurture their creative skills. At ICAT, every student is required to do a project for each module of study to showcase their learning outcome in each module. Each project is guided, criticised and facilitated to enhance to the level of industry-standard. The students will be graded based on these project works and not based on any traditional exam mode.
Apart from exposing the students to various challenges through the project works given, they are introduced to the latest industry standards and are given immense real-time practice through numerous seminars/workshops from industry professionals, industrial visits, internships, dissertations and professional practices. The students are also given various opportunities to showcase their talents and interact with real-time audience through public events. Also, the students are guided and encouraged to participate in various national and international competitions.
- State-of-the-art campus with spacious classrooms
- Highly equipped library
- Air-conditioned Seminar Hall
- Art and Design Studios
- Animation Studio with industry-standard equipments
- Highly equipped Photography Studio with industry-standard cameras and accessories
- Miniature Studio
- Chroma Key Studio
- Live Sketching Rooms
- Interior Scaled Model Making Workshop
- Sound Dubbing Facilities
- Professional Videography and Edit Suits
- Pro Tools Sound Mixing Units
- Pattern Making and Sewing Labs
- Wet Lab
- Fashion Design Studio with Weaving, Embroidery and Printing Equipments
- Fully equipped Software Labs for each department
- Gaming Lounge and Gaming Consoles
- Personal tutoring space for students to interact with the dedicated personal tutors
- Common working zone, where students of different departments can interact and share their ideas
- Students’ lounge, for students to relax and recreate
ICAT is one of the best places to have a perfect college life, with a perfect blend of skill moulding and enjoyment with peers. The environment at ICAT is set for each student to look at the world in a creative way. The students here get to meet like-minded peers and they learn to work collaboratively, which is very important in the creative industry. The students are exposed to various cultural events and tours, which will not only be a recreational activity but will help in exploring the creativity inside each individual. The students will seek personal attention from the faculties as ICAT maintains its number of students and faculties ratio at the right level. Also, the students are free to contact their personal tutor or the Student Service Desk for any career guidance, learning guidance or any problem at the education or personal front.
At ICAT, there are many special club activities that help the students to explore new areas of their choice.
Qualification of teaching staff
Many faculties at ICAT are industry professionals who are exposed to the real-time challenges of the industry and are aware of what the industry would expect from each individual. Apart from the professional skills, all the faculties are well trained in teaching skills.
ICAT offers the undergraduate programs to any passionate student who has completed 12th standard or any equivalent.
The PG Diploma courses and the Master's degree are offered to graduates of any stream.
ICAT has three state-of-the-art campuses at Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad in India.
Every year, ICAT is grooming hundreds of skilled talents in various streams of the digital and interactive media field. Through 100% placement, ICAT introduce its students to the industry of their passion. Many of the ICAT students are now a part of Hollywood, Bollywood and Kollywood movies, and have worked in many famous android and other OS games. Following are few movies and games that ICATians have worked in:
- Kochadiyan game
- Clash of Titans
- Alice in Wonderland
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 4
- Fast and Furious 5
- Wake Up Sid
- Ghajini The Game
- Worms 2011 Armageddon
- Sim City
Notable awards won by ICAT students
Here is a list of few notable awards won by ICAT students until 2014.
- ‘Best Infographics and Branding Illustration’ award at Delhi CG Awards, 2014
- Second and Third place in IV International Photocross Contest – 2014
- First place in Game Jam Titans 2014 at Bangalore
- First place in International Photocross Award 2013
- Second price for ‘Best Short Film’ and ‘Best Cinematographer and Editing’ in En Devenir 2013
- Excellence Award in Square Enix Game Development Contest 2012
- First prize in Orissa State Level Poster Competition 2012
- Visual Adrenaline award in Internationally Renowned Dare to be Digital -2011
- Best VFX Short Film at 24FPs - 2010
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|