|Full name||Imanol Agirretxe Arruti|
|Date of birth||24 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Usurbil, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2004–2008||Real Sociedad B||110||(33)|
|2007||→ Castellón (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of Real Sociedad's youth system, Agirretxe first appeared with the first team in the 2004–05 campaign, amassing three substitute appearances – during his second, a 1–3 home loss against Málaga CF on 15 May 2005, he managed to score after just 16 minutes on the pitch. In the following three seasons combined, however, he only appeared in nine league matches, and also served a six-month loan spell at CD Castellón in the second division.
In 2008–09's second level, Agirretxe appeared regularly for the first time (mainly due to the serious injury to Iñigo Díaz de Cerio), and netted nine goals in 28 games, but the Basque again failed to return to La Liga.
Again mainly a backup after the signing on loan of Uruguayan Carlos Bueno, he scored six in the following campaign, in 36 matches, as Real finally promoted as champions. In the 2011–12 season, following Raúl Tamudo's departure and the continuous physical problems that bothered Joseba Llorente, he was finally made first-choice, and netted three goals in his first two league games: two against Sporting de Gijón in a 2–1 away win and one against FC Barcelona, helping the hosts come from behind 0–2 for an eventual 2–2 draw; he finished the campaign with ten successful strikes, only trailing Carlos Vela in the squad.
On 19 January 2013 Agirretxe came from the bench for the last six minutes of a home fixture against Barcelona, and scored in the last minute to help Real Sociedad seal a 3–2 comeback (they trailed 0–2 in the 40th minute) and end the Catalans' unbeaten domestic run. At the season's end he again finished second in team scoring (13), again only behind the Mexican in his best season yet 
- El Málaga golea a una pasiva Real (Málaga routs passive Real); El Mundo, 15 May 2005 (Spanish)
- Díaz de Cerio se fractura tibia y peroné (Díaz de Cerio fractures tibia and fibula); Marca, 8 November 2008 (Spanish)
- Agirretxe at the double for Sociedad; ESPN Soccernet, 27 August 2011
- Sociedad peg Barca back; ESPN Soccernet, 10 September 2011
- Sociedad stun Barca; ESPN FC, 19 January 2013
- Si Agirretxe gol, no problem (If Agirretxe gol, no problem); Noticias de Gipuzkoa, 19 April 2013 (Spanish)
- Enchufados a Agirretxe (On Agirretxe's back); Marca, 29 April 2013 (Spanish)