From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up immolare, immolate, immolates, immolating, or immolation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
||This disambiguation page should be converted into a broad-concept article, describing the primary meaning of the term. Additional meanings linked to this term should be moved to a separate page with "(disambiguation)" in the title.||
Immolation, from Latin immolare, "to sacrifice", originally "to sprinkle with sacrificial meal" (see mola salsa), in modern English since the 16th century may refer to:
- Fire sacrifice Goddess Sati, consort of Shiva leaves Her body by self immolation at the fire sacrifice performed by her father Dhaksha Prajapati, son of Brahma.
- Holocaust (sacrifice), a religious animal sacrifice that is completely consumed by fire
- Cremation, the use of high-temperature burning, vaporization, and oxidation to reduce dead animal bodies
- Self-immolation suicide by immolation, notably as an extreme form of protest
- Immolation (band) is a death metal band from Yonkers, New York
- Dance Dance Immolation, an interactive performance piece using a modified Dance Dance Revolution
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.