||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
Imogen Bailey is an Australian model, actress, and singer. Born 7 July 1977 in Canberra, she is currently based between Sydney and Los Angeles and is best known for her role on the long-running Australian soap Neighbours as Nicola West.
Bailey has competed in several reality shows including Celebrity Big Brother, Skating on Thin Ice and Celebrity Survivor, which was set in Vanuatu in the South Pacific. Bailey is a participant in the second season of the 2012 documentary Go Back to Where You Came From on SBS.
More notably however, Bailey's 102-episode stint portraying Nicola West – one of Neighbours' most controversial characters of 2008 – made her a more common name within the young female audience in Australia. Her role of Miranda Parker's younger sister created controversy as her character got involved in many controversial storylines such as the infamous incestuous relationship with her adoptive nephew, Riley.
|2007||Azur & Asmar: The Princes' Quest||Princess Chamsous Sabah||English dub|
|2008||Neighbours||Nicola West||88 episodes|
|2009||Life of Riley||Ella||Season 1, episode 1: "In the Family Way"|
|2009||The 7th Hunt||Ariel Clarke|
|2011||Chinese Takeout||Hazel Crow|
Activism and charity work
The Hot Potato
In 2013, Bailey joined John Jarratt and Hunters & Collectors frontman Mark Seymour to change thinking on asylum seekers. Bailey is the face of the Hot Potato Campaign, which is tackling the hot potato issue of asylum seekers by visiting 10 towns in 10 days, speaking to as many people as possible with the ice-breaker of a free hot potato meal. The campaign hopes to bust myths about asylum seekers present in Australia.
In September 2008 Bailey revealed her traumatic ordeal over her battle with anorexia nervosa in an interview with the magazine NOW: "I went through a minor, but still not very good, anorexic stage and actually got down to less than 40 kg.
In the SBS series Go Back to Where You Came From in August 2012, she surprised her fellow participants by revealing that while modelling and acting in Sydney she had a Muslim Lebanese-Australian partner for eight years and wore a hijab. "She was a bikini model by day who read the Koran by night. She fasted during Ramadan and even, on occasion, wore a burqa."
- Archive of Imogen Bailey′s official site. 6 March 2006
- "Activist gives animal rights model treatment", AAP in The New Zealand Herald, 9 June 2007
- "Soaps – News – Bikini model joins Neighbours cast". Digital Spy. 27 January 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- Profile, Go Back to Where You Came From, SBS
- Andrew Priestley (21 August 2013). "Imogen Bailey joins John Jarratt and Hunters and Collectors frontman Mark Seymour to change thinking on asylum seekers". Manly Daily. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Neighbours' star discusses anorexia battle". Digital Spy. 2 September 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2011.