|Born||Imogen Mary Thomas
29 November 1982
|Occupation||Model, television personality|
Imogen Mary Thomas (born 29 November 1982) is a Welsh actress, model and beauty queen. She rose to fame in 2003, after winning Miss Wales, and achieved further note in 2006, when she lasted three months on the seventh series of Channel 4 reality television programme Big Brother (which has since moved to Channel 5). In 2011 her alleged extramarital relationship with footballer Ryan Giggs was the subject of a controversial gagging order in the UK.
Thomas started working as a model at age 13, and at the age of 17 moved to London to become a professional model. Working in bars to pay for her living costs, she was rejected by many modelling agencies due to her height.
She was crowned Miss Wales in 2003, beating future Big Brother 9 winner Rachel Rice, who came third. She went on to represent Wales at Miss World in China. This prompted her to return to London to try glamour modelling, and also working as a bar hostess at London's Sanderson Hotel.
Big Brother and Modelling
Thomas had a relationship with American model Tyson Beckford, whom she first met at the Sanderson Hotel. Since her appearance on Big Brother she has dated Russell Brand, polo player Jamie Morrisson, and footballers Matthew Collins of Swansea City, Nery Castillo of Aris FC and Tottenham Hotspur's Jermain Defoe.
- "Imogen Thomas shows strain as scandal over Premier League star's super-injunction rumbles on". Daily Mail (UK). 20 April 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- "Maxim Interview". Maxim.
- "Sleazy, sad and self-obsessed: Russell Brand, a hero for our times". The Daily Mail (London). 17 November 2007.
- Kay, Richard (10 October 2006). "Yes! Rick breaks his wedding ban". London: The Daily Mail.
- "Imogen Thomas splits from footballer Jermain Defoe... because she likes to stay in". London: The Daily Mail. 5 November 2009.
- Imogen Thomas says being pregnant 'has transformed my life' walesonline.co.uk, 5 August 2012.
- Imogen Thomas gives birth to a baby daughter Ariana Siena Horsley walesonline.co.uk, 11 February 2013.