|Municipality of Impasug-ong|
|Nickname(s): "Home of the Finest Cowboys"|
Map of Bukidnon with Impasugong highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|District||2nd district of Bukidnon|
|Founded||June 16, 1950|
|• Mayor||Anthony Uy|
|• Total||1,051.17 km2 (405.86 sq mi)|
|• Density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Impasugong is strategically located in the northeastern part of the Province of Bukidnon. It is approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi) from Cagayan de Oro City, a good 1½-hour drive and it is half an hour away from Malaybalay City, the capital of the province.
With a total number of 13 barangays, it is characterized by mountains, deep canyons and gorges. The terrain is predominantly rugged with a significant slope of 18% and above covering 72% of the land area and distributed throughout the municipality.
Land area and use
It had a total land area of 105,117 hectares (259,750 acres), or 13% of the total land area of the province. 83% is classified as timberlands and 17% as alienable and disposable (A&D) lands. 72% of this A&D lands is devoted to agricultural production.
Cool and moist throughout the year due to its high elevation ranging from 500 metres (1,600 ft) to more than 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) above sea level. It is a typhoon-free area ideal for the production of high value crops. Average temperature ranges from 16 to 31 °C (61 to 88 °F) throughout the year.
- Capitan Bayong
- La Fortuna
|Population census of Impasugong|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The major crops grown by farmers in the municipality are: corn, pineapple, rice, coffee, sugarcane, banana, vegetables (mostly temperate types like lettuce, broccoli, cabbage), abacá, fruits and legumes.
There are 9 commercial cattle farms in the area holding 1,143 heads in all. The LGU also manages a communal ranch in a 649-hectare land that holds 300 heads of cattle. This supports the dispersal and breed improvement program of the municipality.
There are also 28 commercial poultry breeder farms in the municipality with an estimated combined population of 775,000 heads.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: BUKIDNON". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Impasug-ong, Bukidnon.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Official Website of Impasug-ong, Bukidnon
||Claveria, Misamis Oriental||Esperanza, Agusan del Sur|
|San Luis, Agusan del Sur|