8–9 - see text
Imperata is a small genus of grasses known as satintails. Satintail grass species are perennial rhizomatous grasses native to the tropics and warm temperate regions worldwide. They bear solid, erect stems and silky inflorescences. The best known species is Imperata cylindrica, which is recognized as a devastating noxious weed in many places and cultivated as an ornamental plant in others.
- Imperata brasiliensis - Brazilian bladygrass, Brazilian satintail
- Imperata brevifolia - California satintail
- Imperata conferta - plumegrass, kunay grass
- Imperata contracta - guayanilla
- Imperata cylindrica - bladygrass, cogongrass, speargrass, silver-spike
|This Panicoideae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|