Imperial Bank Uganda
|Headquarters||6 Hannington Road
|Key people||Sarah Nanziri Bagalaaliwo
|Products||Loans, checking, savings, investments, debit cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$764,100 (UGX:1.97 billion) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$87 million (UGX:214.65 billion) (2013)|
|Parent||Imperial Bank Limited|
Imperial Bank Uganda, commonly known as Imperial Bank, is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the commercial banks licenced by Bank of Uganda, the central bank and national banking regulator.
The bank is a small-sized retail bank that caters to both individuals and corporate clients. In December 2013, the bank's total assets were valued at approximately US$87 million (UGX:214.65 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately US$13.7 million (UGX:34.2 billion). Imperial Bank Kenya is one of ten Kenyan commercial banks with intentions of expanding their operations into the rest of East Africa. They are:
- ABC Bank (Kenya) - ABC Capital Bank
- Bank of India Kenya - Bank of India Uganda
- Commercial Bank of Africa - Commercial Bank of Africa (Uganda)
- Equity Group Holdings Limited - Equity Bank Uganda Limited
- Guaranty Trust Bank - East Africa - Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda)
- Imperial Bank Kenya - Imperial Bank Uganda
- Kenya Commercial Bank Group - KCB Uganda
- NIC Bank Group - NC Bank Uganda
- I&M Bank Group - I&M Bank (Uganda): In development
- Cooperative Bank of Kenya - Cooperative Bank of Uganda - In development.
Imperial Bank Uganda was established in 2011, by two major investors, Mukwano Group, a diversified Ugandan business and manufacturing conglomerate, and Imperial Bank Kenya, a medium-sized financial services provider, based in Nairobi, Kenya, with total assets of about US$498 million (KES:43 billion), as of December 2013.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Imperial Bank Limited of Kenya||63.5|
|2||Amazal Holdings Limited of Uganda||36.5|
- Main Branch - 6 Hannington Road, Kampala
- Mukwano Mall Branch - Mukwano Shopping Mall, 23-31 Rashid Khamis Road, Kampala
- Nakivubo Branch - Mukwano Centre Shopping Arcade, Nakivubo Place Road, Kampala
- Kikuubo Branch - 24 Kikuubo Lane, Kampala
- Acacia Mall Branch - Acacia Shopping Mall, Acacia Avenue, Kololo, Kampala
- "List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Uganda At 2012". Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Shareholding In Imperial Bank Uganda". Imperial Bank Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Juma, Victor (7 February 2011). "Mid-Sized Banks Seek to Cash In on Regional Growth". Business Daily Africa. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Reuters, . (13 August 2014). "Kenya's Co-op Bank To Expand In The Region After Solid First Half". Reuters © Thomson Reuters 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- Nantaba, Eriosi (7 February 2011). "Imperial Bank Set To Open In Uganda". East Africa Business Week (Kampala) via Archive.today. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- IBKL, . (2014). "Audited 31 December 2013 Financial Statement" (PDF). Imperial Bank Kenya Limited (IBKL). Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Ownership of Imperial Bank Uganda". Imperial Bank Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Branches of Imperial Bank Uganda In May 2014". Imperial Bank Group. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Members of the Board of Directors". Imperial Bank Group. Retrieved 4 May 2014.