Imperial City may refer to:
- Imperial City, Beijing, the central section of Beijing
- Imperial City (Huế), a walled fortress and palace in the former capital of Vietnam.
- Free imperial city, city formally responsible only to the emperor in the Holy Roman Empire,.
- Cusco, an ancient Inca city in Peru often cited as The Imperial City
- Constantinople, Referred to as the Imperial City during the Byzantine Period at times.
- Coruscant (during the reign of the Galactic Empire), a fictional planet in the center of the Star Wars galaxy
- Imperial City, Cyrodiil, the fictional capital of the Empire of Tamriel featured in the Elder Scrolls role-playing game series
It can also be a generic term for a major city that dominates the economic activities of a large region and which also builds impressive public and private structures and cultural institutions, even if it possesses a democratic government within the framework of a larger republic (for example, as described in the book Imperial San Francisco: Urban Power, Earthly Ruin by Gray Brechin).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.