Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007
|Other short titles||
|Long title||An Act to provide for the implementation of the recommendations of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.|
|Nicknames||ADVANCE Democracy Act of 2007|
|Enacted by||the 110th United States Congress|
|Effective||August 3, 2007|
|Statutes at Large||121 Stat. 266|
|Titles amended||6 U.S.C.:Domestic Security|
|U.S.C. sections amended||6 U.S.C. ch. 1 § 101|
The Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110–53), is an Act of Congress. The Act implements some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission including mandating 100% inspection of all air and sea cargo entering the United States, and a new method of redistributing antiterrorism funding.
The bill also authorized the creation of Fusion Centers.
The bill passed the House on January 9, 2007 by a vote of 299-128-8. It later passed the Senate with an amendment by unanimous consent. The two chambers of Congress went to conference, and a conference report in which the bill was amended and renamed the Improving America's Security Act of 2007 passed the Senate 85-8-7 on July 26, 2007 and the House 371-40-22 the following day. It was signed into law by President George W. Bush on August 3, 2007. It became Public Law 110-53.
- Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007
- Improving America's Security Act of 2007
- 9/11 Commission International Implementation Act of 2007
- Advance Democratic Values, Address Nondemocratic Countries, and Enhance Democracy Act of 2007 or the ADVANCE Democracy Act of 2007
- Federal Agency Data Mining Reporting Act of 2007
- Improving Emergency Communications Act of 2007
- National Transit Systems Security Act of 2007
- Secure Travel and Counterterrorism Partnership Act of 2007
- House passes 9/11 Security Bill, via CNN
- [H.R. 1: Improving America's Security Act of 2007 "H.R. 1: Improving America's Security Act of 2007"]. govtrack.us. Retrieved 2007-08-11.
- H.R. 1
- House Vote Roll Call, Accessed January 13, 2007
- Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007, on WashingtonWatch.com
- USA Today story on signing of the bill into law
- Congressional efforts to implement recommendations of the 9/11 commission at SourceWatch