Imran Khan (singer)
Imran Khan, IK
|Birth name||Imran Khan|
28 May 1984 |
The Hague, Netherlands
|Origin||Gujranwala, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Genres||Hip hop, urban, pop, dancehall, R&B|
|Labels||• Prestige Records (2007–2011) • IK Records (since 2011)|
Releasing a single called "Ni Nachleh", the first song he wrote (which also featured fellow singer Spyder), Khan was signed to Prestige Records in late 2007.
Khan released his single 'Satisfya', written by himself, in 2013.
Khan's very first song, which is single, Amplifier was released 13 July 2009, which had over 34,482,595 as of 6 January was one of the most viewed music video in Desi videos all over the globe.
Amplifier hit the bar 2 million views on YouTube in just one week and currently stands at nearly 14 million hits. A few months later, after the incredible success of Amplifier, published Prestige 'Bewafa' 30 November. Khan has decided to release this track because it was a face full of his previous tracks. More It was more a slow jam with a lot of emotion. The video was shot in Mayfair, central London. The track was a hit worldwide and it is only a third of the Khans track album. The video has won many awards, including a number 1 in the table FunFX. The track itself has a number to nearly 10 million times on YouTube, which for a Punjabi artist is unheard of. In July 2009, Imran's dream day had finally become a reality it was the release of "unforgettable" his first long awaited album The album was released after using two producers Eren E and Hakan Ozan. The album became a phenomenon across the sector and in fact was in the top 5 in the album charts in iTunes.
Imran Khan started his career in his late teens. His friend Shahid Mazhar founded Prestige Records, which released Khan's debut single "Ni Nachleh".  Khan later that year, 2007, was performing in several countries.
In July 2009, Khan released his debut album, Unforgettable. It includes the singles "Amplifier", "Bewafa" and a remix of his first single "Ni Nachleh". It was nominated for Best Album in the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards but did not win. "Amplifier" was nominated for best video, with Khan himself nominated for best male act and best desi act. In 2011, Khan announced his departure from Prestige Records to start his own label.
After going underground for almost 4 years, Khan released the single 'Satisfya' on 9 May 2013. 'Satisfya' got 801,160 views on YouTube in 3 days. This single, unlike his previous singles, was released from IK Records. The single is produced by his "Amplifier" producer Eren E. The music video shows Khan driving a yellow Lamborghini Aventador and sitting with a cheetah. Khan's Satisfya video which was directed by David Zennie was the Best Mainstream Video of the 2013.
Khan recently stated in a radio interview on BBC Radio 1 on Nihal Show, that he has thought of two titles for the second album. He also stated that he will be releasing the second single of the album later in 2014. However, Khan's new single has to chose one song out of two genres. The second single might be sound from a hip-hop or rap genre. He also mentioned that the new album will have 20 songs. After the release of his second single in 2014, he will announce the name of the second album.
The new song from the second album, titled Pata Chalgea, will be released in the month of April 2014.
Unforgettable is Khan's debut album, released on 27 July 2009, via Prestige Records.
The albums lead single is "Amplifier", produced by Eren E, which was third in "Top 10 Most Viewed Desi Hip Hop Videos"; followed up with the second lead single "Bewafa", produced by Hakan Ozan. Satisfya was another big hit for Khan's song that was release in 10 May, which was first in chart of "Top 10 Mainstream Music Videos of the Year."
DesiHits rated the album 5/5, stating it description of the album as worth waiting. It stated: "Imran Khan's debut album is worth the two-year wait. With its hot beats and innovative lyrics, this album is truly Unforgettable"
|2.||"Aaja We Mahiya (Come, My Love)"||Eren E||3:52|
|3.||"The Generation"||Eren E||3:20|
|4.||"Peli Waar (The First Time)"||Eren E||3:10|
|5.||"Chak Glass (Grab a Glass)"||Eren E||3:08|
|6.||"Nazar (Glance)"||Eren E||3:05|
|8.||"Gora Gora Rang (Fair Skinned)" (featuring Mr. Probz)||Eren E||4:25|
|9.||"Bounce Billo (Billo-Shawty)"||Eren E||4:07|
|10.||"Ni Nachleh (Hey, Dance)" (feat. MC Spyder)||Eren E||3:35|
|11.||"40 Pra (40 Brothers)"||Eren E||3:12|
|12.||"Pata Chalgea (I Have Found Out)"||Eren E||4:45|
|13.||"Bewafa (Unfaithful)"||Hakan Ozan||3:44|
|14.||"Nai Reina (Don't Want to Stay)"||Hakan Ozan||3:04|
|15.||"Qott Ghusian Da (A Sip of Happiness)" (feat. Shabby)||Hakan Ozan||2:58|
Awards and nominations
- Won "Best Album" at the 2010 Brit Asia TV Music Awards for Unforgettable
- Nominated for four awards at the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards, "Best Album", "Best Video" for "Amplifier", "Best Male Act" and "Best Desi Act" winning "Best Desi Act"
- Won "Male Musical Artist of the Year" at the 2010 Anokhi Magazine Awards
- Won "Young Person of the Year at Successful " at the 2013 at Pakistan Achievement Awards
- Imran Khan - First world tour was "the Canadian tour" in 2009 and "bounce billo Canadian tour" in 2010.
- Imran Khan – Takeover Tour USA (2011)
- Imran Khan – Australia & New Zealand Tour (2011)
- Imran Khan – Pakistan Tour (2010)
- Imran Khan - Taste of Asia Birmingham Alabama Show 15 March 2014 | www.UABAAO.com/events
- List of Dutch musicians
- List of hip-hop musicians
- List of R&B musicians
- List of reggae musicians
- List of singer-songwriters
- Music of the Netherlands
- "Talking Shop: Singer Imran Khan". BBC News. 29 August 2009. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- "About Imrankhanworld B.V.". imrankhanworld.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "About Us". prestigerecord.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Interview with Imran Khan". desi-box.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Worldwide premiere of Imran Khan's Amplifier". desi-box.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Imran Khan releases new single Bewafa". DesiHits. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Review of Imran Khan's Unforgettable". BBC Music. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "AMA 2010 – Winners". BBC Radio Asian Network. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- Biography, Khan's official website
- "Album Review: Imran Khan's "Unforgettable"". DesiHits. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Sembhi, Jas (3 February 2010). "2010 UK Asian Music Awards Nominees". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Jas Sembhi (3 May 2010). "Brit Asia TV Music Awards 2010". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Sembhi, Jas (11 March 2010). "2010 UK Asian Music Awards Winners". desiblitz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Anokhi Magazine Awards 2010". DesiHits. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "DesiClub presents Online Ticketing for TAKEOVER Tour USA (2011)". Desiclub.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Imran Khan to Headline the inaugural of Unforgettable Music Festival (2011)". Unforgettablemusicfestival.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Win 50 Free Tickets for Imran Khan Concert at Karachi & Lahore". Koolmuzone.pk. Retrieved 12 September 2012.