|Raymond Yu, President
Jim Reddy, Vice President Americas Sales
|Products||DLP projectors, LCD projectors, large-format touch PCs and displays, video phones, video calling services, tablets, software, smartphones|
Number of employees
|120 worldwide (2014)|
|Slogan||Collaboration That Works|
|Footnotes / references
InFocus Corporation is a privately owned American company based in the state of Oregon. Founded in 1986, the company develops, manufactures, and distributes DLP and LCD projectors and accessories as well as large-format touch displays, software, tablets and smartphones. InFocus also offers video calling services. Formerly a NASDAQ listed public company, InFocus was purchased by Image Holdings Corp., owned by John Hui, in 2009 and is now a wholly owned subsidiary headquartered in Tigard, Oregon.
InFocus was formed by Steve Hix and Paul Gulick in 1986. With Planar Systems and Clarity Visual Systems, it is one of three companies in the computer display industry started by people who formerly worked for Tektronix. The company moved into a new headquarters building in Wilsonville, Oregon, in 2002. At that time the company employed 1,200 people.
In mid-2005 InFocus acquired the company TUN (The University Network), which provided digital media and thin screen television advertising to colleges, and then sold it in late 2006 to Submedia LLC. The company later became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ exchange as INFS. On May 28, 2009, InFocus was taken private by Image Holdings Corporation and John Hui in a transaction valued at $39 million. In October 2009, they announced plans to move to Tigard, Oregon in December 2009 as their old headquarters were too big for the much smaller new company. The company was down to 110 employees at the time of the move, with just over half at the headquarters. As of 2012, the company had further shrunk to 90 employees and revenues of about $150 million. As of 2014, the company employed 120 people and is one of Oregon's 25 largest homegrown technology companies.
InFocus produces DLP and LCD projectors and LCD flat panel touchscreens for business users, educators, government entities, ProAV customers, mobile professionals and home theater enthusiasts. One touchscreen product is the Mondopad that is targeted at business and education customers. The Mondopad is a large-format high definition touchscreen PC with software for presenting, whiteboarding and videoconferencing. Other products include: BigTouch large-format touch PC, JTouch large-format touch display, MVP100 Video Phone, Q Tablet, and numerous accessories and peripherals. The company also produces software for digital annotation and video calling.
The company provides point-to-point and multi-endpoint video calling services as well called 121 Video Calling and ConX Video Meeting, respectively.
InFocus owns and operates the ASK Proxima brand, and in the past sold products under the names ASK, Proxima, and InFocus ScreenPlay.
In 2013, InFocus began offering budget high-specification smartphones in China and Asia (China, Taiwan, India, Cambodia) in partnership with FIH Mobile Ltd. (富智康), a handset manufacturing arm of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. (鴻海精密). Most recently, Infocus will introduce their M2 3G model into India market (starting March 10, 2015).
- "InFocus: Information from Answers.com". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- Peterson, Nick (October 29, 2009). "InFocus moves headquarters from Wilsonville to Tigard". The Times (Tigard, Oregon). Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "InFocus Announces Sales of The University Network" (Press release). InFocus. December 4, 2006. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Rogoway, Mike (April 13, 2009). "Oregon's InFocus finds a buyer who will take it private". The Oregonian. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "InFocus To Be Taken Private By Oregon Company". HomeTheaterReview.com. 2009-04-13. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Rogoway, Mike (October 22, 2009). "InFocus will leave Wilsonville for Tigard". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- Rogoway, Mike (May 5, 2012). "InFocus goes big in search of a reboot". The Oregonian. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- FIH Mobile making phones for InFocus
- InFocus Website Germany
- InFocus User Manuals - user manuals for InFocus devices
- InFocus Phones
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to InFocus.|