In Case of Emergency (TV series)
|In Case of Emergency|
Jonathan Silverman, Lori Loughlin, and David Arquette
|Created by||Howard J. Morris|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Howard J. Morris
Jon Favreau (Pilot only)
|Editor(s)||Daniel Lebental (Pilot only)
|Cinematography||Victor Hammer (Pilot only)
|Camera setup||Single-camera setup|
|Running time||21-22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bushwacker Productions
Howard J. Morris Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),
|Original release||January 3, 2007 – April 11, 2007|
In Case of Emergency is an American half-hour comedy television series shown on ABC in the United States. The series follows a group of high school acquaintances whose lives have not turned out as they hoped. It premiered on January 3, 2007 at 9:30pm and ended on April 11, 2007. The pilot episode was directed by Jon Favreau and the cast included Jonathan Silverman, David Arquette, Lori Loughlin, Kelly Hu, and Greg Germann.
ABC gave early renewal notices to several of its series on March 21, 2007 but In Case of Emergency was not one of them. Many[who?] believe this is due to being placed in the same time slot as American Idol.
Cast and characters
- Jonathan Silverman as Harry Kennison (captain of the debate team), now a frustrated greeting card writer
- David Arquette as Jason Ventress (voted most likely to succeed), now under investigation for a corporate scandal and volunteering at a hospital
- Greg Germann as Sherman Yablonsky (competitive eating club '84-'87), now a self-obsessed, formerly obese, disgraced diet guru
- Kelly Hu as Kelly Lee (former valedictorian), now working at a Korean massage parlor
- Lori Loughlin as Dr. Joanna Lupone, a doctor who Jason falls in love with, despite her being engaged
- Jackson Bond as Dylan Kennison, Harry's son. Nicholas Roget-King played the role in the pilot.
- Leigh-Allyn Baker as Maureen, Harry's ex-wife
- Natsuko Ohama as Madam, Kelly's boss
- Jane Seymour as Donna Ventress, Jason's mom
- David Norona as Paul, Jason's lawyer and, unbeknownst to him, Joanna's fiancé.
- Maree Cheatham as Elizabeth Yablonsky, Sherman's mom
- Sara Erikson as Summer, a stripper who befriends Sherman
- Lee Reherman as Frank, Kelly's cop boyfriend
- George Sharperson as Omar, Sherman's assistant
- Gary 'G. Thang' Johnson as Officer G Thang, Frank's partner
- David Carradine as Guru Danny, Stephanie Yablonsky's new spiritual leader
- James Hong as Mr. Lee, Kelly's dad
- Jimmy Kimmel as himself
- Leslie Sykes as herself
- Emily Kuroda as Mrs. Tuckman, a friend of Donna's
- Penny Balfour as Moonblossom, a member of Guru Danny's ashram
- Louis Lombardi as Todd, a security guard at the hospital
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Pilot"||Jon Favreau||Howard J. Morris||January 3, 2007|
A series of personal emergencies reunites high school classmates Harry, Jason, Sherman, and Kelly. Harry encounters Kelly at a Korean "happy endings" massage parlor and the two flee when her cop boyfriend busts in, diet guru Sherman freaks out when his wife leaves him, taking all his possessions, and Jason ends up at the hospital after trying to kill himself.Guest stars: Jimmy Kimmel, Jeff Imada,...
|2||"It's Got to Be the Morning After"||Robert Duncan McNeill||Howard J. Morris||January 10, 2007|
Kelly's cop boyfriend, Frank, catches Harry helping her move her things out of his place. Sherman's staff refuse to help him as his reputation goes down the drain. Jason starts volunteering at the hospital in the hope to seduce Dr. Joanna.Guest stars: Sonya Eddy, John Enos III, Leslie Sykes,...
|3||"Let Go, Let Golf"||Lev L. Spiro||Tracy Poust & Jon Kinnally||January 17, 2007|
Sherman and Harry sneak into the ashram where Sherman's ex-wife is now staying in order to retrieve her. Kelly reveals that she accidentally killed her husband during a game of golf. Jason tries to convince Dr. Joanna's ailing grandmother to accept medical treatment so that Joanna can postpone her wedding.Guest stars: David Carradine, Ellen Albertini Dow, Arabella Field, Greg Cromer, E. E. Bell,...
|4||"Stuck In Amber"||Lev L. Spiro||Bob Kushell||January 24, 2007|
Jason tries to avoid a process server. Harry gets angry with his boss and quits his job. Sherman starts wearing a disguise to avoid hostile former fans.Guest stars: Rose Abdoo, Michael Kostroff, Bonnie Hellman,...
|5||"Denial For A While"||Gil Junger||Howard J. Morris||January 31, 2007|
|Harry asks Kelly not to tell Sherman and Jason what she really does. Sherman turns his eating addiction into a shopping addiction until Jason tells him that his investment company has lost all of his money. Dr. Joanna keeps rejecting Jason's advances.|
|6||"Oh, Henry"||Gil Junger||Jack Kenny||February 28, 2007|
Faced with going to jail, Jason ponders cutting a deal by ratting on his CEO, who also happens to be his Uncle Henry and his mother Donna's favorite brother. He asks Harry to help him convince his mother but Donna immediately starts flirting with Harry, leading to a deep, passionate kiss. Meanwhile, Kelly takes Sherman to a strip club to help get him over his wife and introduces him to Summer.Guest stars: Sarah Culberson,...
|7||"Forbidden Love"||Paul Lazarus||David Feeney||March 7, 2007|
Jason discovers Donna and Harry's affair, which makes him rethink his love for Joanna. Meanwhile Sherman has trouble maintaining his diet and Dylan asks Kelly to be his girlfriend.Guest stars: Keone Young, Emily Kuroda,...
|8||"Proof of Love"||Paul Lazarus||Eric Siegel & Eric D. Wasserman||March 14, 2007|
Sherman asks Kelly to help him kidnap his wife from the ashram. Harry and Donna try to make things right with Jason, who realizes he has proof that Dr. Joanna kissed him.Guest stars: Marco Sanchez, Louis Lombardi, Penny Balfour, Laurence Mason,...
|9||"Your Goose is Cooked"||Victor Nelli, Jr.||Jenny Lee||March 21, 2007|
Kelly's traditionalist parents make a surprise visit, causing her to invent a new life for herself, having Harry pretend to be her husband. To Harry's dismay, she then changes her mind, telling her parents Jason is her husband, to which they demand a traditional Korean wedding be celebrated.Guest stars: James Hong, Amy Hill, Nayo K. Wallace,...
|10||"The Good, the Bad and the Mob"||Emile Levisetti||Rosalind Moore||March 28, 2007|
Dylan is being bullied at school, causing Kelly to ask two Korean mobsters to intimidate his tormentor. Meanwhile Jason finally convinces Dr. Joanna to go have a coffee with him, on the very same day as all his assets get repossessed.Guest stars: Sterling Beaumon, Lamont Johnson, Loren Lester, Garret T. Sato,...
|11||"Happy Endings"||Linda Mendoza||Michael P. Fox & Robyn Adams||April 4, 2007|
Harry, Jason and Sherman all have a sex dream on the same night. Sherman convinces Harry to go to a spa with him to stop thinking about Kelly, but once there Sherman immediately finds himself a girlfriend. Joanna gets a pain in her neck whenever she thinks about Jason, so she goes to see Kelly for a massage, not realizing the type of establishment she works at.Guest stars: Deborah Theaker,...
|12||"Disorder in the Court"||Victor Nelli, Jr.||David Feeney||April 11, 2007|
Harry tries to get his ex-wife and her new boyfriend Mitch to marry as soon as possible so he can stop paying her alimony but his efforts backfire when Dylan expresses a preference for Mitch over him. Jason is dismayed when he realizes his lawyer Paul is Joanna's fiancé just as Joanna is about to break up with him to be with Jason. Sherman decides to go to rehab to jumpstart his fading fame.Guest stars: Carla Jimenez,...
|13||"The Picture"||N/A||N/A||Unaired in the US|
Harry and Maureen get back together. Joanna discovers a hidden attachment to Jason. Sherman's a celebrity again as his book becomes a #1 bestseller in Japan.Guest stars: Kathryn Joosten, J. P. Manoux, Kelly Perine,...
Seasonal ratings based on average total viewers per episode of In Case of Emergency on ABC:
|Season||Timeslot (EDT)||Season Premiere||Season Finale||TV Season||Rank||Viewers
|1||Wednesday 9:30 P.M. (January 3 - April 11, 2007)||January 3, 2007||April 11, 2007||2006-2007||#107||4.8 |
- ABC Renews Eleven Series, Brilliant But Cancelled, March 21, 2007
- In Case of Emergency: ABC Sitcom Gone for Good?, TV Series Finale, April 12, 2007
- ABC Drops Case for "Emergency", The Futon Critic, April 12, 2007
- "Hollywood Reporter: 2006-07 primetime wrap". The Hollywood Reporter. May 25, 2007.[dead link]