In My Sleep
|In My Sleep|
In My Sleep Poster
|Directed by||Allen Wolf|
|Produced by||Allen Wolf
|Written by||Allen Wolf|
|Music by||Conrad Pope|
|Editing by||Peter Devaney Flanagan|
|Distributed by||Morning Star Pictures|
|Running time||100 minutes|
In My Sleep is a 2010 suspense thriller movie written, directed and produced by film director Allen Wolf. It stars Philip Winchester, Lacey Chabert, Tim Draxl, Abigail Spencer and Kelly Overton. The story is about a man who believes he may have murdered a good friend while sleepwalking.
Allen Wolf wrote, directed and produced In My Sleep. The film entered post production in August 2008, after having resolved several technical glitches before moving into sound design, music scoring and visual effects. Sound design was handled by Hollywood's Jonathan Miller, whose works include Independence Day, Saw, Narc, Trainspotting, The Hills Have Eyes Part II, and many others, while music scoring was completed by Conrad Pope, who also orchestrated Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Horton Hears a Who! and Julie & Julia and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and who recorded the score in Bulgaria and Los Angeles. Ralph Winter was the Executive Producer. Alyssa Weisberg, who won an Emmy for casting Lost and also cast Star Trek (film) was the Casting Director.
On November 6, 2009, In My Sleep screened at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival where it won the Audience Choice Award. The movie has sold to over seventy countries around the world and has been translated into German, French and Spanish.
Marcus (played by Philip Winchester) wakes up in a cemetery with no memory of how he got there. He suffers from parasomnia, a sleep disorder which causes him to do things while asleep which he cannot remember, and so is plagued with questions: "Where was I last night? Who was I with?" Hoping to deal with his use of one-night-stands to escape his problems, Marcus joins a Sexaholics Anonymous support group, where SA sponsor Derek (Michael Badalucco) helps him work through his problems. His disorder takes a turn for the worse when he wakes up and finds himself covered in blood with a knife at his side and the police banging at his door. In a panic he hides the evidence and then learns from the police that Ann (Kelly Overton), wife of his best friend Justin (Tim Draxl), was found stabbed to death. Marcus is terrified to put together the pieces of how she might have been murdered. A series of mysterious phone calls make him believe that someone is watching him. Desperate to figure out what happens after he goes to sleep at night, he investigates his own nocturnal activities. His quest for the truth ends in a shocking revelation.
- Philip Winchester as Marcus
- Tim Draxl as Justin
- Lacey Chabert as Becky
- Kelly Overton as Ann
- Abigail Spencer as Gwen
- Beth Grant as Evelyn
- Michael Badalucco as Derek
- Tony Hale as Ben
- Kevin Kilner as Greg
- Amy Aquino as Detective Curwen
- Aidan Mitchell as Young Marcus
- Marcelle Larice as Carissa
- Allan Wasserman as Dr. Schwarz
- Alexandra Paul as Roxana
- Patrick Labyorteaux as Rob
- Jade Tailor as Ba
- Bellamy Young as Olivia
- Kirsten Vangsness as Madge
- Shanna Collins as Jennifer
- Kevin Michael Curran as David
- Christopher Darga as Officer Etling
- Robert Joseph as Officer Cooley
- Larry Clarke as Officer Knachez
- Joe Nunez as Mr. Mather
- Vanessa Lee Evigan as Kelly
- Bunny Levine as Rachel
In My Sleep has gotten a limited release, screening in more than fifteen cities and still in theatrical release in 2011, earning as much as USD $9,285 in one screening becoming the #1 new indie movie of opening weekend in Los Angeles. As of July 2010 the film's total gross has come to USD $90,093.
The film has won multiple awards: "Audience Award" at Fort Lauderdale Film Festival, "Best Feature Film" at Omaha Film Festival, "Best Narrative FIlm" at the Las Vegas Film Festival, "Audience Award" at the Kansas City Film Festival, "Gold Kahuna Award" at Honolulu Festival and was a finalist for "Best Feature" at Kansas City Film Festival and the Orlando Film Festival.
- insidesyccessradio.com, by Jodie Lynn], interview of Allen Wolf, accessed 01-07-2009
- celebritywonder.com, In My Sleep, accessed 01-07-2009
- forodecine.com.ar, In My Sleep cast/crew/production, accessed 01-07-2009
- laceychabertweb.com, accessed 01-07-2009
- cinemaclock.com, accessed -1-07-2009
- In My Sleep website, August 30, 2008, "Post Production", accessed 01-07-2009
- "Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival". Fliff.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- [dead link]
- movieweb.com, complete synopsis of In My Sleep, accessed 01-07-2009
- Dove.org, by Edwin L. Carpenter, "Actor Philip Winchester of “Fly Boys” Makes Time for God and Family", accessed 01-07-2009
- New York Times: Philip Winchester, accessed 01-07-2009
- buddytv.com, January 9, 2008, "'Criminal Minds' Actress to Appear in Upcoming Thriller", accessed 01-07-2009
- , In My Sleep cast at MovieWeb, accessed 01-07-2009
- "Reviews & Awards". Inmysleep.com. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2012-07-27.