|Occupation||Broadcast journalist, Writer|
|Notable credit(s)||All Things Digital, CNET Network's News.com, Orange County Business Journal, Orange County Register, Bridge News, frequent guest on National Public Radio|
|Title||Senior editor at All Things Digital|
|All Things Digital's Ina Fried page|
Ina Fried, formerly Ian Fried, is an American journalist and senior editor for All Things Digital, where she authors the blog Mobilized. Prior to that, she was a senior staff writer for CNET Network's News.com. She is a frequent commenter on technology news on National Public Radio, local television news and for other print and broadcast outlets.
Fried is a personal technology writer and generally covered Microsoft related stories in the CNET blog "Beyond Binary" from 2000 to November 2010, and is currently writing for All Things Digital where she will cover the Mobile beat. Before joining CNET in 2000, Ina wrote for the Orange County Business Journal, the Orange County Register, and Bridge News. She has served as a board member, national secretary and national vice president for the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA). On April 27, 2011, Ina conducted an exclusive interview with CEO Steve Jobs and other Apple executives about the iPhone location tracking controversy.
Awards and honors
Upon retirement from the NLGJA National Board at the 2008 NLGJA national convention in Washington, DC, Fried was honored with both a Distinguished Service Award and a Women's Distinguished Service Award.
- Three time winner of NewsBios/TJFR award: NewsBios/TJFR "30 Most Influential Business Journalists Under 30."
- Western Publications Association for Outstanding Editorial Content's Maggie Award.
- Society of Professional Journalists (Northern California Chapter) Excellence in Journalism Award Winner: 2005 Breaking News (shared), 2005 Feature Writing.
- Society of Professional Journalists' 2003 Sigma Delta Chi Awards for excellence in journalism: Deadline Reporting (Independent): Ina Fried, CNET News, (shared) for reporting about vulnerable technology and how the MSBlast virus spread.
- "About Us: Who we are and what we do". Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- Rick Reiff. "OC Insider". AllBusiness.com. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- Will O'Bryan (August 21, 2008). "Ina Fried: Senior Writer, CNET News". Metro Weekly. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "About NLGJA: Meet the Executive Committee". Retrieved 2007-07-02.
- "Q&A: Jobs and Apple Execs on Tracking Down the Facts About iPhones and Location". April 27, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "NLGJA Goes to Washington". Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- "Past NewsBios/TJFR 30 Most 30 Under 30". Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "CNET News.com Wins Prestigious Honors from Two National Journalism Organizations; Site Honored With Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi Award". HighBeam Research. April 30, 2002. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "CNET reporters named most influential business journalists". Retrieved 2001-04-30.
- "CNET Wins Four 'Maggie Awards' From the Western Publications Association for Outstanding Editorial Content". Allbusiness.com. Retrieved 2006-04-27.
- "CNET Wins Four Maggie Awards From the Western Publications Association for Outstanding Editorial Content". Find Articles. April 27, 2006. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "SDX award for deadline reporting". Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "Society of Professional Journalists (Northern California Chapter) Excellence in Journalism Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "SPJ Announces Recipients of 2003 Sigma Delta Chi Awards". Retrieved 2008-09-29.