|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2007)|
|Headquarters||Shahid Tajuddin Ahmed Sarani, Tejgaon I/A, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Key people||Managing Director: Abdul Muktadir|
Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in Bangladesh, established in 1999. The company has a very big manufacturing facility located at Zirabo, Savar, 35 kilometer away from the center of the capital city Dhaka. A second larger manufacturing facility has been built in Dhamrai.
Since its inception, Incepta Pharmaceuticals has been launching new and innovative drugs in the Bangladeshi market. The company produces various types of dosage forms which include tablets, capsules, oral liquids, ampoules, dry powder vials, powder for suspension, nasal sprays, eye drops, creams, ointments, lotions, gels, prefilled syringes, liquid filled hard gelatin capsules, lyophilized injections, human vaccine etc.
Beyond the manufacture of medications, Incepta also conducts research and development in order to fulfill unmet demand of the medical community.
The company sells its products in Bangladesh and also started to begin exporting to both developed and developing countries around the world.
- December 1999: Produced its first product Neodin S 150 (Ranitidine 150 mg tablet)
- April 2000: Launched first major prescription product Osartil (Losartan Potassium) tablets
- 2002: Achieved Arthakantha Business Award & The Financial Mirror
- June 2004: Incepta pioneers state-of-the-art Cephalosporin facility
- 2004: Achieved Bangladesh Business Award
- March 2005: Received the Enterprise of the Year 2004 Award
- March, 2005: Started to supply life saving drugs to UNICEF. The first supplied product was Cotrimoxazole tablets and suspension.
- May 2006: US Envoy visits Incepta Pharmaceuticals Plant
- March 2007: Became the pioneer in bio-tech product manufacturing in Bangladesh Through the introduction of Enoxaparin Sodium.
- June 2007: Pioneers Lyophilization technology by launching Pantoprazole lyophilized injections (Pantonix IV) in the Bangladesh pharmaceutical market.
- September 2007: Introduced Human Insulin (rDNA), Maxsulin for the first time in Bangladesh pharmaceutical market.
- January 2008: Kenya awards GMP certificate to Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- March 2008: Achieved of European GMP Certificate.
- 2009: Turkey, Democratic Republic of Congo & Yemen awarded GMP certificate to Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- August 2010: Uganda awards GMP certificate to Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- October, 2010: Incepta was accepted by the global headquarters of UN agencies at Copenhagen, Denmark and became enlisted as global supplier to UNICEF, UNESCO, and UNDP.
- December 2010: Incepta pioneered the launch of the first Insulin analogue, Insulin Glargine (rDNA), brand name Vibrenta, in Bangladesh.
- February 2011: Incepta received new license, Incepta Vaccine Ltd, to manufacture vaccine for the first time in Bangladesh.
- July 2011: Incepta receives UK MHRA GMP certification
- September 2011: Launched First Ever Locally Manufactured Human Vaccine in Bangladesh Market
- November 2011: Introduced First Ever Locally Manufactured Rabies Vaccine in Bangladesh Market
- November 2011: Introduced tetanus vaccine in Bangladesh market with the brand name of Vaxitet.
- November 2012: Protocol agreement with the Republic of Belarus for co-operation and production of pharmaceuticals
- December 2012: Introduced First Ever Locally Manufactured Hepatitis B Vaccine in Bangladesh Market
- March 2013: Introduced First Ever Locally Manufactured Tetanus Antitoxin Injection in Bangladesh Market
- April 2013: Introduced First Ever Locally Manufactured Rabies Immunoglobulin Injection in Bangladesh Market 
Incepta has received GMP certification from a number of other countries. The relevant departments of the Health Ministry of these countries have issued these GMP certificates.
Incepta currently holds the following GMP compliance certifications:
- UK MHRA GMP Certificate
- European Union GMP Certificate
- Turkey GMP Certificate
- Yemen GMP Certificate
- Kenya GMP Certificate
- Democratic Republic of Congo GMP Certificate
- Ethiopia GMP Certificate
- Uganda GMP Certificate
- Sudan GMP Certificate.
Incepta is marketing its products in the following 44 countries of the world through its distribution partners:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Bhutan, Cambodia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Macau, Vietnam, Yemen.
Algeria, D. R. Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mauritania, Nigeria, Seychelles, Somalia, Swaziland, Togo, Kenya, Lesotho, Uganda, Mali.
Finland, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- Central America
Belize, Dominican Republic Honduras, Jamaica.
- South America
Guyana, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela.