Incest pornography is a genre of pornography involving the depiction of incest (sexual activity between relatives). Incest pornography can feature actual relatives, but the main type of this pornography simply uses actors of similar looks to suggest family relationship. This genre includes actors with various levels of kinship, including first cousins, aunts, uncles, parent(s), offspring, nieces and nephews.
History and legality
The first film was released in 1980 starring Kay Parker. It spawned numerous sequels, several of which won adult film awards. There is a substantial amount of incest pornography on the Internet, leading some to argue it may legitimize or encourage real-life incest. Jeffrey Masson has even argued that incest porn is "the very nucleus of pornography — its prototypical form".
Going back at least as far as the Christy twins in the 1970s, depictions of incest and particularly incest between twins has been a feature of gay pornography. Though the Christy twins may have been unrelated but similar-looking men and some twins have appeared together in scenes without substantial contact between them, some genuine twins have performed sexual acts on each other. It is illegal in many jurisdictions. For example, in Australia it is rated "Refused Classification" (RC). Arguably the most famous example of the genre is the Taboo series.
Twincest and siblingcest porn
The 1999 William Higgins production Double Czech included actual sex between the Bartok twins, as did the 2009 sequel between the Richter twins, though the Bartok brothers were described as "looking utterly mortified" in their scene. Not so for another pair of Czech twins, Elijah and Milo Peters, who work together condomless for both oral and anal sex for studio Bel Ami. As of 2010, they were reported to live together as a monogamous couple outside of their porn careers and want to continue working together for another 50 years. Some scenes with the Peters twins together have needed to be re-edited in order to gain approval from film classification censors for distribution in markets including the United Kingdom and USA.
Another common combination in incest porn is between cousins otherwise known as cousincest. This is usually acted out rather than a real-life incestious couple. This type of pornography started off in literary form, invited critique and then graphic visual forms, by individuals such as Beaumont and Fletcher and Edith Wharton. Notwithstanding, in 2014 the highest court in New York approved relationships outside the nuclear family which would approve overt and publicized sexual relations between first cousins, between aunts and nephews and uncles and nieces.
- Gledhill, Chistine (2012). Gender Meets Genre in Postwar Cinemas. p. 77.
- Nancy E. Dowd, Dorothy G. Singer, Robin Fretwell Wilson (2005). Handbook of children, culture, and violence. Sage Publications. p. 72. ISBN 1-4129-1369-1.
- Kipnis, Laura (1999). Bound and gagged: pornography and the politics of fantasy in America. Duke University Press. pp. 191–194. ISBN 0-8223-2343-5.
- Rogers, Thomas (May 21, 2010). "Gay Porn's Most Shocking Taboo". Salon. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (May 4, 2009). "Real-Life Sibling Sex in Gay Porn Flicks". The Adams Report. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (April 27, 2009). "Identical-Twin Sex Featured in 'Double Czech'". XBIZ. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (June 4, 2009). "Bel Ami Twins No Longer 'Sex Buddies'". XBIZ. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- 1994 Theatre Record Volume 14 Issues 9-16 p 577
- "Project MUSE - Rethinking Romantic Incest: Human Universals, Literary Representation, and the Biology of Mind". jhu.edu.
- 2009, Women's voices, feminist visions: Classic and contemporary readings
- "NY State blesses ‘incest’ marriage between uncle, niece - New York Post". New York Post.