||This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (May 2013)|
|Type||Student Run, Non-Profit Organization|
|Place||Surathkal, Mangalore, India|
|Institute||National Institute of Technology Surathkal|
Incident is the annual cultural festival of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) in Surathkal, Karnataka, India. Incident is known to be the second largest college fest in India . The fest is a five day long event during the even semester of the NITK Calendar held in the month of March. The fest was started by Umar Teekay during the 1980s academic year, and has been continued and amplified every year since. The fest brings together students from different colleges all over India and is held throughout the NITK Campus.
Incident was first held in 1980, with a budget of Rs 10,000. The first Convener of the fest was Umar Teekay, who was also the guest of honour in Incident 2012.
Incident is a non profit organisation managed entirely by the Students of NITK Surathkal. The Dean(Student Welfare) is the Chairman of the fest. The organising team consists of Incident Core, Committee Co-Coordinators and Executive Members. The Incident Convener and Treasurer and a part of the Incident Core and are directly elected by the Students as a part of the Student Council of NITK. The rest of the core team is appointed by the Incident Convener, and the Committee Co-ordinators are appointed around 4 months before the actual event.
|2014||Vijeth Shivaraj(Acting)||Nikhil Thakkar||Prof Udaykumar R Y|
|2013||Sanjeev J Reddy||Nizam M||Prof Gopal Mugeraya|
|2012||Varun Rao||Varun Nayak||Prof Gopal Mugeraya|
|2011||Santosh Shankar||Ramsel John Pinto||Prof K N Lokesh|
|2010||Venugopal A B||Noel Jacob||Prof K N Lokesh|
Events and workshops
Amateur singers get an opportunity to showcase their talent in events like solo singing, Bandish (eastern classical music completion) and Pulse (western heavy metal competition). Similar dance events include solo dance, duet, street dance, Tandav and Promenade (western group dance).
NITK's private beach hosts beach volleyball, beach football and Sandemonium[clarification needed] events. Other sporting events include the basketball event "Slam Dunk" and a Marathon run. The 2012 edition also included adventure sports like zorbing, rappelling and parasailing. Video game events are also held, including DOTA, NFS, FIFA 11 and Counter-Strike.
The literature program include quizzes, word games, spelling bee and short story contests, held in English, Kannada and Hindi. Quiz events include general quiz, India quiz, lone wolf (individual quiz event), potpourri, sports quiz and entertainment quiz. Antakshari, debates, Dumb Charades are a part of Kannada and Hindi events.
Workshops include subjects such as juggling, B-boying,[clarification needed] Bhangra, martial arts, theatre, balloon modelling, HDR photography and portraiture in 2012. Previous editions included workshops on kite flying, Salsa, Jive, chocolate making, tai chi, kick boxing, wildlife photography and animation.
The festival's Pro-Nite event features top Indian singers and bands such as Parikrama in 2005, Euphoria in 2006, Raghu Dixit and Indian Ocean in 2007, KK in 2008 and again in 2010, Nikhil Chinapa and Kunal Ganjawala in 2009, Motherjane in 2010, Sunidhi Chauhan in 2011, Javed Ali in March 2013,  Salim Sulaiman,in March 2014 
The 2012 title sponsor was Namma Metro, and associate sponsors were NICE. The 2014 Title Sponsor was Reliance Other companies that have been sponsoring Incident are Zappstore.com, Himalaya Herbals, Quest, Syndicate Bank,Flipkart.com, KPCL, Tata Tea, KSFC, T.I.M.E, 98.3 Radio Mirchi, City Center, Channel [V], ONGC MRPL, AIRCEL, Chevrolet, Cocacola and The Ocean Pearl. The Hindu was the media partner in 2011.
- "Students Rock as Incident begins at NITK Surathkal". Deccan Herald (Surathkal, India). 19 February 2012. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Mangalore: NITK to Host South India's Largest Cultural Fest ' Incident-2013' - The Evil Edition".
- http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=130725. Missing or empty
- "Mangalore: Annual Cultural Fest ‘Incident-10’ Begins at NITK".
- "Events at Incident". Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Extra Curricular". newnitk.nitk.ac.in. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Incident’12, the Annual Cultural Festival of NITK Surathkal from Feb 29th to March 4th". Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Top honours for NITK at Incident 2006 India Quiz". The Hindu. 4 March 2006. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011.
- Babu, Savitha Suresh (24 February 2007). "All for fun and frolic". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 7 October 2011.
- "NITK hosts ‘Incident 2011'".
- "DJs and music bands will perform at National Institute of Technology".
- "Salim Sulaima".
- "NITK Hosts "Incident 2011"". The Hindu (Surathkal, India). 25 February 2011.