Incognito is a discontinued Linux distribution based on Gentoo Linux. Its main feature is the inclusion of anonymity and security tools such as Tor by default and can be used as a Live CD or Live USB.
Incognito's developer has stated on the project's homepage that Incognito has been discontinued and recommends Tails as an alternative.
||Jan 26, 2008
||Aug 02, 2008
||Aug 05, 2008
Anonymity and security tools
- Tor for anonymous internet browsing.
- TrueCrypt, a file/partition encryption utility.
- Enigmail, a security extension for Thunderbird.
- Torbutton, a Firefox plugin to improve Tor's anonymity in Firefox.
- FireGPG, Firefox plugin for using GnuPG for Webmail.
- GnuPG, OpenPGP implementation for encryption.
- KeePassX, a password manager.
Besides these tools, the RAM is overwritten during system shutdown to ensure no possibility of data recovery later.
The Tor project has listed Incognito as a licensee of the Tor brand name. In accordance to this license agreement, Incognito has the right to use the Tor name and logo.