|Type of site||Job search engine|
|Available language(s)||Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|
|Alexa rank||182 (March 2014[update])|
Indeed.com is an employment-related metasearch engine for job listings launched in November 2004. As a single-topic search engine, it is also an example of vertical search. Indeed is currently available in 53 countries and 26 languages. In 2010, Indeed surpassed Monster.com to become the most visited job site in the United States. As of February 2013, Indeed reaches over 100 million unique visitors every month.
The site aggregates job listings from thousands of websites, including job boards, newspapers, associations, and company career pages. In 2011, Indeed began allowing job seekers to apply directly to jobs on Indeed's site; also in 2011, Indeed began offering resume posting and storage. Indeed is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Indeed was co-founded by Paul Forster and Rony Kahan.
In 2005, Indeed launched their beta version of what they refer to as "pay-per-click job advertising network". In addition to searching job postings, it also allows the occurrence of words therein to be plotted over time, ostensibly as an indicator of trends in the job markets.
- "Indeed.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- Indeed.com. "About Indeed.com". Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- Schonfeld, Erick (2010-10-17). "Indeed Slips Past Monster, Now Largest Job Site By Unique Visitors". TechCrunch. AOL Tech. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- Fiegerman, Seth (2013-02-27). "How Indeed Hit 100 Million Monthly Users Without Any Marketing". Mashable. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- "New Feature: Indeed Apply". Resfly Blog. Resfly. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Zappe, John (2011-09-14). "Indeed Makes it Official and Launches Resume Search". ere.net. ERE Media. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- InternetInc.com. "Meet Indeed.com co-founder Rony Kahan".[dead link]
- Baker, Loren (2006-05-16). "Indeed.com Launches Job Search PPC Advertising Network". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Indeed Announces Acquisition by Recruit Co. Ltd". Retrieved 2012-10-01.
|This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|