Type of site
|Job search engine|
|Available in||Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese|
|168 (March 2015[update])|
Indeed.com is an employment-related search engine for job listings launched in November 2004. As a single-topic search engine, it is also an example of vertical search. Indeed is currently available in over 50 countries and 28 languages. In October 2010, Indeed.com slipped past Monster.com to become the most high-traffic job website in the United States.
The site aggregates job listings from thousands of websites, including job boards, staffing firms, associations, and company career pages. In 2011, Indeed began allowing job seekers to apply directly to jobs on Indeed's site and offering resume posting and storage. Indeed is based in Stamford, Connecticut but has offices around the world.
In 2005, Indeed launched their beta version of what they refer to as "pay-per-click job advertising network". In addition to searching job postings, it also allows the occurrence of words therein to be plotted over time, ostensibly as an indicator of trends in the job markets.
- "Indeed.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- Indeed.com. "About Indeed.com". Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- "Indeed Slips Past Monster, Now Largest Job Site By Unique Visitors". Retrieved 2010-12-09.
- "New Feature: Indeed Apply". Resfly Blog. Resfly. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Zappe, John (2011-09-14). "Indeed Makes it Official and Launches Resume Search". ere.net. ERE Media. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- InternetInc.com. "Founders". Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- Baker, Loren (2006-05-16). "Indeed.com Launches Job Search PPC Advertising Network". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Indeed Announces Acquisition by Recruit Co. Ltd". Retrieved 2012-10-01.
|This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|