Independent Media Corporation
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
The Independent Media Corporation is one of Pakistan's largest media conglomerates. It started with the publications of the Jang Group of Newspapers and later added the Geo Network to its offerings.
Mir Khalil ur Rehman was the founder of the group and his son, Mohammad Waqas, is the present head of the business house based in Karachi. IMC owns the Jang Group of Newspapers and the Geo TV network.
It also runs many TV channels as part of the Geo Television Network starting with its flagship channel Geo TV. It has since launched several other channels in which the news, music and sports are targeted. Services are provided to the UK, the USA, Canada, and the Middle East as well as Pakistan.
- Geo News - a Pakistan based Urdu news channel
- AAG TV - launched in September 2006 by the Geo Network, focusing on programs for the youth in Pakistan. Its broadcast was suspended in 2013
- GEO Super - sports channel, launched by Geo Network in September 2006. Programming content includes variety of sports from around the world, focusing mainly on cricket, with a secondary focus on boxing, football, tennis and field hockey.
- Geo TV - a Pakistan based entertainment channel showing Dramas, musical programs, feature movies, primarily in the Urdu Language.
- Geo Teez - a Pakistan based Headline channel
- Geo Kahani - a Pakistan based Explicit Drama Channel