India–Africa Forum Summit
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
The India–Africa Forum Summit is the official platform for the African-Indian relations. It was first held from April 4 to April 8, 2008 in New Delhi, India. It was the first such meeting between the heads of state and government of India and 14 countries of Africa chosen by the African Union. Libya and Egypt's heads of state did not attend.
Rising oil and food prices were the top concerns for the African and Indian leaders during the summit.
- agricultural sector
- industry and investment
- peace and security
- promotion of good governance and civil society
- information and communication technology
- Chairperson of the African Union (AU)
- Chairperson of the AU Commission
- Chairpersons of the eight recognised Regional Economic Communities (REC's)
- Chairpersons of the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD)
- Heads of State and Government Implementation Committee (HSIGC)
- the five African NEPAD initiating countries
First India–Africa Forum Summit - New Delhi 2008
The first such summit was held from April 4 to April 8, 2008 in New Delhi, India. It was the first such meeting between the heads of state and government of India and 14 countries of Africa chosen by the African Union. Libya and Egypt's heads of state did not attend.
Second India–Africa Forum Summit - Addis Ababa 2011
The second summit was held at the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa, with India and 15 African Countries participating. The leaders discussed significant aspects of the India-Africa partnership with the objective of enhancing and widening its ambit for mutual benefit.
Third India–Africa Forum Summit - New Delhi 2014-15
The third summit in a rotation basis was scheduled to be held in New Delhi, India in December 2014. But lately Syed Akbaruddin, the official spokesperson of Indian Foreign Ministry told the media that the scheduled summit is now postponed to 2015 and will include more no. of African leaders unlike previous two occasion where the event was restricted to only 10-15 African countries.
- "First India-Africa summit pledges close partnership"
- "Gaddafi, Mubarak to skip India-Africa summit"
- Africa–India Forum Summit
- "External affairs ministry of India