India's Got Talent
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2015)|
||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (February 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
|India's Got Talent|
Titlecard of India's Got Talent.
|Created by||Simon Cowell|
|Presented by||Bharti Singh, Mantra, VJ Andy|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi and English|
|No. of seasons||06|
|Production company(s)||Big Synergy Season 1&2; Fremantle Media Season 3,4&5|
|Original channel||Colors TV|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original run||27 June 2009– Present|
|Related shows||Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega
X Factor India
India's Got Talent (sometimes abbreviated as IGT) is an Indian reality television series on Colors television network,founded by Sakib Zakir Ahmed and part of the global British Got Talent. It's a cooperative effort between Colors and Britain's FremantleMedia The first episode of India's Got Talent premiered on June 27, 2009. India's Got Talent follows the global Got Talent format, in which contestants audition in front of three judges and a studio audience. Up until the semifinal and final rounds, the judges decide whether or not a contestant advances in the competition. During the semifinal and final rounds, viewers vote on which contestants will advance. It is the first Got Talent format show in Asia, and India's first large-scale televised entertainment variety show, intending to showcase India's best unknown acts and talents. The show travels to different cities across India in search of interesting local talent. The show has no age limit for contestants. Singing, music, dance, impersonation, puppetry and illusion are all common areas of talent; however, any talent is allowed to compete. The winner receives a cash prize of 50 Lakhs rupees (equivalent to approximately US$105,000) and a Maruti Suzuki Ritz.
|Season||Start Date||Hosts||Winner Team|
|1||June 27, 2009||Nikhil Chinapa and Ayushmann Khurrana||Prince Dance Group|
|2||July 30, 2010||Shillong Chamber Choir|
|3||July 29, 2011||Gautam Rode and Meiyang Chang||Suresh and Vernon Group|
|4||September 22, 2012||Manish Paul and Cyrus Sahukar||Biwas Dance Group (Sumanth and Sonali)|
|5||January 11, 2014||Bharti Singh, Mantra and VJ Andy||Raagini Makkar and Naadyog|
|6||April 18, 2015||Bharti Singh and Nakul Mehta||TBA|
The Season 1 of the show was presented together by Nikhil Chinapa and Ayushmann Khurrana. and the special segment called India's Got More Talent was hosted by Roshni Chopra. The show was judged by Bollywood film actresses Sonali Bendre, Kirron Kher along with film director Shekhar Kapur.
Eleven finalists were selected through voting by the judges and the viewers. Those finalists competed in the Grand Finale to win the grand prize. The eleven finalists were:
- Abinav Joshi - Asharai Mahinama (Nepali Song)
- Lokmanya Tilak Group - Mallakhamb performers (1st runners up)
- Msonic - music band from Assam
- Mandeep Singh and Group - Bhangra Punjabi folk dance
- Piyush Rajani and the Fine Tuners - band playing music through unusual instruments (2nd runners up)
- Prince Dance Group - dance on unusual concepts (Winning act)
- Rajesh Amrale - pole Mallakhamb and balancing act
- Divyanshu and group - street and hip-hop dancers
- Satyajit Padhye - ventriloquist and puppeteer
- Sneha Kapoor & Richard Tholoor - salsa dancer
- Saad Amin and Adam Mansi - Rapping
- Sushrut Shinde - singer
The Season 2 of the show started from July 30, 2010 with Sonali Bendre and Kirron Kher continuing their roles of judging the contestant. The film director Shekher Kapur however was replaced with another film director and TV show host Sajid Khan. The show was presented by the same duo Nikhil Chinapa andwere selected through voting by the judges and the viewers. Those finalists competed in the Grand Finale to win the grand prize. The Ten finalists were : Sree Uppalapati
- Bir Khalsa Group (2nd Runner Up)
- Diwakar and Sonia (Acro-Duo)
- Fictitious Group (Group Dance)
- Harihar Das (Locking and Popping dance)
- Manas Kumar Sahoo and Group (Sand art)
- Shillong Chamber Choir (Winner)
- Sanjay Mandol
- Teji Toko (1st Runner Up) (Drummer)
- Underground Authority (Rock band)
- Masoom Arif ( Currently moved to London to pursue a career in Bangra dancing )
The winning act of the second season of India's Got Talent was the Shillong Chamber Choir from Shillong, Meghalaya. The Choir is led by Neil Nongkynrieh, an accomplished pianist. Footage of the Bir Khalsa Group's performance (popularly known to foreigners as the "Warriors of Goja"), involving extreme feats of physical resistance and pain suppression, became an internet phenomenon in late 2011.
The Season 3 of the talent show started from July 29, 2011. The judges of this season were Sonali Bendre, Kirron Kher and veteran Bollywood actor turned politician Dharmendra. The show was now hosted by singer Meiyang Chang and actor-model Gautam Rode.
The opening episode of the season of garnered the maximum ratings than all its previous seasons. The show generated a Television Rating Point (TRP) of 3.91.
The Season 4 of the show started airing from 22 September 2012. The show was hosted by Manish Paul and Cyrus Sahukar and judged by model-actress Malaika Arora Khan, actress Kirron Kher and director Karan Johar. Arora Khan judged the show only in the audition rounds. The position of the third judge of the show was later taken by Farah Khan.
- Biwas Dance Group Winners (Sumanth and Sonali)
- Deep raj- Singer
- Tanya and Mukesh- Arial Dance
- Nitish Bharti- Sand artist
- Toshan Singh Nongbet- Opera Singer
- Acrobatic Boys- Acrobatics
- Ocean Kids- Group Dance (Thematic Acts)
- Shiraz Irani- Belly Dancer
- Margam Dance- Group Dance
- Silhouette Squad- Shadow Act
- Chanchal Bharti- Qawaali Singer
- Diplav Cultural Dance Group- Group dance with Stacks of Diyas on head
- Talent Scan Dance Academy- Human Formation Group Dance
Grand Finale & Winning Act
Two young dancers Sonali Majumdar (7) and Maraju Sumanth (13) from Kolkata's Bivash dance academy were crowned winners of the fourth season winning a cash price of Rs. 50 lacs and Maruti Alto 800. The winners come from the same dance school as the runner up winners from season three: BAD Salsa Group.
During several episodes the team of judges was joined by celebrities for the promotion of their activities. Celebrities who sat down to judge are:
- Kareena Kapoor during one audition episode to promote Heroine
- Sonakshi Sinha to promote Son of Sardaar
- Preity Zinta to promote Ishkq in Paris
- Yuvraj Singh during his talking with Cancer *
- Sharukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma joined the full team of judges during the Grand Finale (including Malaika Arora who was absent during the 'knock out shows') for the promotion of their film Jab Tak Hai Jaan
The Season 5 of the show is set to start airing from 11 January 2014. The show is hosted by Mantra, Bharti Singh later replacing Mantra by VJ Andy and judged by model-actress Malaika Arora Khan, actress Kirron Kher and director Karan Johar.
- Ragini Makkhar and Naadyog - Kathak Group Dance (Winners)
- Beat Breakers - Group Performance
- Saei Jamshed - Piano Player
- Subhreet Kaur - One Leg Dancer
- Anshu Kumar - Dancer
- Hassan Rizwi - Magician
- Funny Boys - Comic Dance
- Rohit JaiswaL - Acrobatics
- Anasua Chowdhury - Pole Dancer
- Hargun Kaur - Singer
Grand Finale & Winning Act
- Madhuri Dixit to promote her film Dedh Ishqiya
- Raveena Tandon
- Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra to promote their film Hasee Toh Phasee.
- Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra to promote their film Gunday.
- Alia Bhatt to promote her film Highway.
- Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri to promote their film Main Tera Hero.
- Finale: Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla to promote their film Gulaab Gang and Amitabh Bachchan to promote his film Bhoothnath Returns.
- Got Talent Set for Indian Adaptation http://www.indias-got-talent.com/got-talent-set-for-indian-adaptation/
- India's Got Talent First Episode 27th June 2009 http://www.indias-got-talent.com/indias-got-talent-27th-june-2009-1st-episode-watch-online/
- Colors India’s Got Talent reality show soon http://www.dancewithshadows.com/movies/colors-indias-got-talent-reality-show-soon/
- 'COLORS' announces next sensation - India's Got Talent http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/63834
- Got Talent Set for Indian Adaptation
- India's Got Talent Hosts
- India's Got Talent Judges
- "India's Got Talent 2 in a new avatar". Times of India. July 30, 2010. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Dharmendra fetches higher ratings for India's Got Talent-3". Times of India. Aug 4, 2011. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Talent huntress". Daily Pioneer. October 17, 2012. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "I will look sexier than usual: Farah Khan". New York Daily News. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Bivash kids win India's Got Talent 4". Sify News. Press Trust of India. 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "India's Got Talent crowns Bivash Academy of Dance as winners!". ColorsTV. Press Trust of India. 2012. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Subhreet Kaur accused her husband for harassment". Patrika Group (1 August 2014). Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Ragini Makkhar and her Troupe Naadyog win India’s Got Talent 5". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to India's Got Talent.|