India Square, also known as "Little India" or Little Bombay, home to the highest concentration of Asian Indians in the Western Hemisphere, is a rapidly growing Indian American ethnic enclave in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, in the New York City Metropolitan Area. The neighbourhood is centred on Newark Avenue, between Tonnelle Avenue and JFK Boulevard, and is considered to be part of the larger Journal Square District. This area has been home to the largest outdoor Navratri festivities in New Jersey as well as several Hindu temples. This portion of Newark Avenue is lined with groceries, electronics vendors, video stores, clothing stores, and restaurants and is one of the busier pedestrian areas of this part of the city, often stopping traffic for hours. According to the 2000 census, there were nearly 13,000 Indians living in this two-block stretch of Jersey City, up from 3,000 in 1980, increasing commensurately between 2000 and 2010. As of the 2010 Census, over 27,000 Asian Indians accounted for 10.9% of Jersey City's population, the highest proportion of any major U.S. city.
The Jersey City Public Schools operates public schools serving the area.
- Ironbound, a Portuguese and Brazilian enclave in Newark
- Five Corners, a Filipino shopping district in Jersey City
- Havana on the Hudson, a Hispanic district in Jersey City
- Koreatown, Fort Lee, a Korean enclave in southeast Bergen County
- Koreatown, Palisades Park, also a Korean enclave in southeast Bergen County
- Kiniry, Laura. "Moon Handbooks New Jersey", Avalon Travel Publishing, 2006. pg. 34 ISBN 1-56691-949-5
- Laryssa Wirstiuk (April 21, 2014). "Neighborhood Spotlight: Journal Square". Jersey City Independent. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- "India Square", accessed July 26, 2006
- Cruz, Vanessa; Pope, Gennarose; Rambay Fernandez, Adriana; Wright, E. Assata (September 9, 2012). "Tired of the same food?" The Union City Reporter. pp 1, 8, and 11.
- "City Attracts People From Around the Globe". Accessed July 26, 2006.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data Jersey City, New Jersey". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- .Rogoza, Rafael (March 30, 2013). "Thousands of colorful revelers partake in 21st Annual Phagwah Parade in Jersey City". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- Little India in Jersey City
- Fahim, Kareem. "For Some Moviegoers, It’s ‘Hooray for Bollywood’" The New York Times. January 3, 2007.