April 26, 1975 |
Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||112 lb (51 kg)|
|No. of adult films||571 as a performer
India Summer (born April 26, 1975) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress and nude model. Her stage name is based on the phrase Indian summer, as used in the song Indian Summer by The Doors. Summer also has mainstream acting credits.
Summer's first job was as a lifeguard at age 16, which she continued to do until graduating from college. Summer received her education towards becoming a teacher. She then worked in finance for 6 years prior to starting modeling and acting. Summer began working the adult film industry at the age of 29. She is one of several performers to be cast as politician Sarah Palin-like character in a porn parody such as the 2009 Drill Baby Drill by Penthouse Features.
In July 2009, she signed an exclusive girl/girl contract with Girlfriends Films studios. In addition to Girlfriends Films, Summer has worked for production companies such as Adam & Eve, Brazzers, Digital Sin, Evil Angel, Jules Jordan Video, Kink.com, New Sensations, Penthouse Pictures, Twistys, Venus Girls Entertainment, Vivid Entertainment, Wicked Pictures, and Zero Tolerance.
In November 2011, her debut as a director was announced with the movie Perfect Fit.
In January 2012, the Internet Adult Film Database (IAFD) announced, in a release of compiled data, that Summer "was the busiest female performer in the industry" with 78 new titles released in 2011.
Summer is considered to be the most prolific white female interracial performer, with as total of 118 interracial titles as of July 4. 2014. Conversely, Summer has stated that one of the least pleasurable aspects of her job is dealing with hate mail for doing interracial work.
Summer was born in Des Moines, Iowa and is a mix of German, Irish, Native American ancestry. She describes herself as a "swinger" (prior to entering the industry) and "very bisexual". Summer credits her interest in swinging, along with suggestions from friends, with her entrance into the adult industry. She then began submitting photos to directors and production companies. When asked how she got into the adult entertainment industry, Summer has stated: "I started getting modeling photos done and submitting them to directors, producers, agencies and modeling sites. People started writing and offering me work". Besides running and swimming, her physical training involves hiking and yoga.
In a 2011 interview with German Wild Magazine, she claimed to engaged to fellow pornographic actress Prinzzess. When asked about performing with her fiancee in front of the camera, Summer said "It is very natural to me. We have spent so much time together and had so many little adventures together...and sex...that it is the most natural thing in the world for me to perform with her. We have a genuine affection and attraction to one another and we know each other very well. It’s always a thrill.". She also defined herself as "spiritual" rather than "religious" in her beliefs and stated that she does not believe in marriage and has no desire to have children of her own.
|2010||CAVR Award||MILF of the Year||N/A|
|2011||AVN Award||Best Actress||An Open Invitation: A Real Swinger’s Party in San Francisco|
|2012||XBIZ Award||MILF of the Year||N/A|
|AVN Award||MILF Performer of the Year||N/A|
|2014||AVN Award||MILF Performer of the Year||N/A|
- India Summer at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Scoring an "Open Invitation" with India Summer and Marc Davis on YouTube
- Thomas Musat (October 14, 2011). "India Summer dans Dexter" (in French). Hot Video News. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "India Summer Appears on Showtime's 'Dexter". Xbiz. October 13, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "WILD Magazin: India Summer". wildmagazin.de. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Miss Lagsalot (2011-09-13). "India Summer — "I consider myself an Orgasmonaut exploring the inner and outer space of my sexuality!"". WHACK! Magazine. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Staff. "Drill Baby Drill (2009)". IAFD. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Girlfriends Announces Two Additional Contract Girls". AVN.com. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "India Summer Makes Directorial Debut with 'Perfect Fit'". Adult Video News. November 16, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "IAFD.com Releases Compiled 2011 Data". Adult Video News. January 17, 2012. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- Bang for Old Times Sake/ "2392921" at the Internet Movie Database
- "India Summer interview". Xcritic.com. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "CAVR 2010 Winners". Xbiz.com. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "India Summer Receives MILF of the Year at the XBIZ Awards". xbiz.com. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "AVN Announces the 2012 AVN Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "India Summer Wins XRCO Awards". AVN. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Peter Warren. "XRCO Announces 2012 Winners". AVN. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "AVN - AVN Announces the Winners of the 2014 AVN Awards". business.avn.com. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to India Summer.|
- India Summer on Myspace
- India Summer on Twitter
- India Summer at the Internet Movie Database
- India Summer at the Internet Adult Film Database
- India Summer at the Adult Film Database
- India Summer at the Freeones site