Indian Creek, Illinois
|Indian Creek, Illinois|
|Area||0.26 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- land||0.26 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,777 / sq mi (686 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code||847, 224|
|Wikimedia Commons: Indian Creek, Illinois|
Indian Creek is a village in Vernon Township, Lake County, Illinois, United States. It is part of the Chicago metropolitan area and was originally incorporated in 1958 as a response to the threat of annexation by neighboring Vernon Hills. As of the 2010 census, Indian Creek's population was 462. Police services are provided by contract by the Vernon Hills Police Department and fire/EMS services by the Countryside Fire Protection District.
Indian Creek is located at (42.225876, -87.976843).
As of the census of 2000, there were 194 people, 65 households, and 59 families residing in the village. The population density was 726.5 people per square mile (277.4/km²). There were 67 housing units at an average density of 250.9 per square mile (95.8/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 96.91% White, 0.52% Asian, 2.06% from other races, and 0.52% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.12% of the population.
There were 65 households out of which 33.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.3% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 9.2% were non-families. 7.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.95 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the village the population was spread out with 26.3% under the age of 18, 3.6% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 106.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 113.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $88,206, and the median income for a family was $90,723. Males had a median income of $61,406 versus $32,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $33,515. None of the families and 0.9% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Indian Creek village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): All places fully within/partially within Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.