Indian History Congress
Indian History Congress is the largest professional and academic body of Indian historians with over 10,000 members. It was established in 1935. The name of any new applicant for membership needs to be proposed and seconded by existing Ordinary or Life Members.
It's 69th session was inaugurated at the campus of the Kannur University, Kerala, on December 28–30, 2007 by the Chief minister of Kerala, V S Achuthanandan. Historians Ram Sharan Sharma, Romila Thapar, K N Panikkar, Irfan Habib, Pritam Saini have had a long association with the Indian History Congress. Its current President is R. Champakalakshmi of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Anand, Arun (December 28, 2007). "Right wing historians to challenge Leftists in history congress".
- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR INITIAL MEMBERSHIPhttp://web.archive.org/web/20041213084134/members.tripod.com/historycongress3/membershiprules.htm
- INDIAN HISTORY CONGRESS HOLDS ITS 69TH SESSION AT KANNUR, KERALA, People's Democracy, (Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), Vol. XXXIII No. 2, January 18, 2009 http://pd.cpim.org/2009/0118_pd/01182009_16.htm
- Proceedings - Punjab History Conference, Issues 22-24 - pp 520
- Champakalakshmi elected new IHC President http://www.zeenews.com/nation/2008-12-30/494946news.html
- Srivastava, N.M.P. (2005). Professor R.S. Sharma: The Man With Mission; Prajna-Bharati Vol XI, In honour of Professor Ram Sharan Sharma. Patna, India: K.P. Jayaswal Research Institute.
- History in the Faking, Does the IHC believe in 'India's tradition of scepticism'? http://www.india-today.com/itoday/20010115/edits.shtml
- Jyoti Basu At Indian History Congress, People's Democracy, Weekly Organ of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), Vol. XXV, No. 02, January 14, 2001 http://pd.cpim.org/2001/jan14/jan14_history%20congress.htm
- Bengal: Escape into magical realism http://hindu.com/businessline/2001/02/13/stories/041355pr.htm