Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta|
|Motto in English||Knowledge for the benefit of all|
|Established||13 November 1961|
|Type||Public business school|
|Dean||Ashok Banerjee, Anindya Sen|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Campus||Urban, 135 acres (0.5 km2)|
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta or IIMC) is a public business school located in Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India. It was the first Indian Institute of Management to be set up. It is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in India and the Asia-Pacific region.
Established in 1961, IIM Calcutta is a fully autonomous institution and offers several postgraduate and doctoral programmes in management, as well as a bouquet of executive education programmes. In addition to its main academic programmes, IIM-C is also engaged in research, consultancy, seminars, academic conferences and research publications.
After India became independent in 1947, the Planning Commission was entrusted to oversee and direct the development of the nation. India grew rapidly in the 1950s, and in the late 1950s the Commission started facing difficulties in finding suitable managers for the large number of public sector enterprises that were being established in India as a part of its industrial policy. To solve this problem, the Planning Commission in 1959 invited Professor George Robbins of the University of California to help in setting up an all India level institute of management studies. Based on his recommendations, the Indian government decided to set up two elite management institutes, named Indian Institutes of Management.
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was the first of these IIMs, and was established on 13 November 1961 in collaboration with the MIT Sloan School of Management, the government of West Bengal, the Ford Foundation and the Indian industry. Its first Director was K. T. Chandy, the former Chairman of Hindustan Unilever Limited. During the initial years of IIM Calcutta, several renowned academics and visionaries formed part of its core team, including Paul Samuelson, Jagdish Sheth, J K Sengupta, Peter S King, and Thomas Hill.
In its initial years, IIM Calcutta operated from Emerald Bower, Barrackpur Trunk Road, Kolkata. The foundation stone of the current IIM-C campus in Joka, Kolkata, was laid by Morarji Desai, who was then the Deputy Prime Minister of India on 15 Dec 1968. The institute moved to the new campus in 1975.
IIM Calcutta offers five main full-time academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Two-year, full-time MBA programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer aided Management (PGDCM) – Two-year, full-time MBA programme
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Doctoral programme
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPEX) – One-year, full-time MBA programme for Executives
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) – One-year, full-time Executive MBA programme
As a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS), IIM Calcutta also offers the CEMS Masters in International Management degree.
In addition to the above, IIM-C offers other programmes like:
- Executive Education: Management Development Programmes (MDP) and Custom Corporate Programmes
- Management Programmes for Armed Forces Officers (AFP)
- Distance Education programmes via technology/platform partners such as HughesNet Global Education and NIIT Imperia
- Research and Consultancy programmes
Post Graduate Programme (MBA): PGDM & PGDCM 
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a full-time, two-year residential academic programme designed to produce general managers and high-level business administrators with a broad strategic vision. This programme usually starts in June and runs till April of the second year. PGDM at IIM Calcutta is a general, fully integrated management programme, and includes courses in Accounting, Behavioural sciences, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Business operations, Public policy, Strategy and General management.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Computer aided Management (PGDCM), started in 1994, is similar to the PGDM, but with a special emphasis on Information technology and its business applications. It is aimed at creating business professionals who know how to apply Information and communication technology (ICTs) in business management.
The Post Graduate Programme, including both PGDM and PGDCM, is composed of a core curriculum composed of compulsory credit and non-credit courses in the first year, and a set of elective courses in the second year, chosen according to the wishes of the student. The first year curriculum is designed to help students in developing a solid base of business fundamentals in courses in all areas of management, while the second year is structured so that students can select courses of their choice from across diverse fields. In the second year, students can take up term papers under faculty supervision in order to delve deeply into specific topics.
The two years of the Post Graduate Programme are divided by a mandatory summer internship programme that typically lasts between eight to ten weeks in April–May of the year after commencement of the programme.
CEMS Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM) 
In 2012, IIM Calcutta became a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS). As a member of CEMS, IIM Calcutta offers the CEMS Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM) degree. Selected students from the PGP programme who also satisfy the requirements for CEMS are given the option of the MIM as an additional degree.
Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) 
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) of IIM Calcutta is a full-time Doctoral level programme in management. Started in 1971, this programme is aimed at preparing students for careers in teaching or research in different disciplines of management, as well as for careers outside academics that demand a high degree of research and analytical abilities. Students who complete this programme are awarded the title Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
The FPM Programme typically consists of two phases: coursework – which lasts for two years (6 terms) during which the FPM students take courses along with students undergoing the Post Graduate Programme (PGP), and the dissertation. Students who complete the coursework phase with the required academic records have to pass the Comprehensive Qualifying Examination (CQE) before moving on to the dissertation phase. The FPM programme provides the opportunity to pursue academic or corporate career with a focus on research. This programme is officially recognised as equivalent to a PhD by the Government of India and by the Association of Indian Universities.
The FPM allows students to specialise in the following areas:
- Behavioural Sciences
- Finance & Control
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Operations Research and Systems Analysis (ORSA)
- Public Policy and Management
- Regional Development
- Strategic Management
Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPEX) 
The PGPEX Program is IIM Calcutta's Full Time MBA program for executives. Introduced in December 2006, it is a fully residential, one-year intensive program designed to develop experienced and ambitious executives for leadership positions in global organisations. The program emphasises practical problem-solving and the development of cross-cultural skills, and is structured as an appropriate mix of classroom lectures, case studies, and individual & team projects & assignments aimed at improving communication, team-building and leadership skills. Participants in the program are required to undertake either an industry internship or an international project during an international study tour for a period of around four weeks. The program is delivered by IIM-C faculty as well as internationally renowned faculty from other institutions.
One of the highlights of the PGPEX program is Lattice, the annual business symposium at IIM Calcutta that provides a platform for leaders across the country to share their mission and vision with the next generation of business leaders. Another notable component of the PGPEX program is 'Being the CEO', which is a series of lectures by CxO's addressing the program participants on matters related to strategy, execution and their role in all the actions.
More than 5 years of managerial/professional experience post bachelor's degree is essential to apply in PGPEX. The average experience of the class is around 9 years. A valid GMAT score (taken within last 36 months of Application date) is also required. Selection of candidate in PGPEX is based on Professional Experience, Academic Record, GMAT Score and Personal Interviews. In addition to this, candidates are required to submit a statement of purpose, couple of essays and recommendations from two referees holding senior managerial positions.
Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) 
The Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) is an Executive management programme administered by IIM Calcutta along with two other premier Indian educational institutes: IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras. The programme was designed by the three institutes in consultation with industry bodies like Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) of the Government of India and India's Ministry of Human Resource Development. It is a one-year, rigorous programme with a heavy focus on the manufacturing sector, and is drawn on the lines of MIT's Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) (formerly called Leaders For Manufacturing (LFM)) programme, run jointly by MIT Sloan School of Management and MIT's School of Engineering. 32 candidates with substantial professional experience are selected for this programme every year, and these students spend the one year attending courses in all the three institutes, and visit industries and undergo internships. Candidates, who come from diverse industries like Engineering, Power, Metal and Mining, Automotive & Auto-ancillaries, Shipping & Logistics, Aerospace, FMCG, Oil & Gas, Information Technology, Management Consulting and Railways, are often sponsored by their respective companies. A joint Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Manufacturing (PGDM-VLM) by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras is awarded to candidates after the successful completion of the programme.
In 2007, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the governments of India and Japan, according to which the Japanese government would extend its support to the transfer of Japanese expertise and visits to manufacturing centres of excellence in Japan for the PGPEX-VLM programme.
|Business – International|
|Business – India|
IIMC was ranked ninth by the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report in the Asia-Pacific region for 2012. In India, it was ranked second by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2011 and third by the Hindustan Times India's top 50 business schools of 2011 and by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18's Top B-Schools in India.
Teaching Blocks 
IIM Calcutta's main Academic Block is situated next to the main administrative building and has four large lecture halls and several additional classrooms. Another academic building named New Teaching Block was opened in 2000 to supplement the main block. All classrooms and lecture halls are air conditioned and have advanced audio-visual and multimedia capabilities. A new Academic Block has also been constructed and was declared open by the Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh in August 2011.
The Auditorium at IIM Calcutta, popularly called the Audi, is considered to be the best among any academic campus in India, and hosts most of the important functions in the campus like the convocation, conferences, student events and talks. The facility seats 750 people and was built at a cost of over Rs. 90 million. It is fully air-conditioned and is equipped with ultra-modern equipment including professional audio and visual systems.
The IIM-C library is named Bidhan Chandra Roy Library or BC Roy Memorial Library, after Bidhan Chandra Roy, the second Chief Minister of the state of West Bengal and the first Chairman of the institute. The library is primarily envisioned to meet the requirements of the IIM-C's academic programmes. The largest management library in Asia, it was started with a grant from the Ford Foundation. It houses over 160,000 volumes and also subscribes to hundreds of management journals and provides access to a large collection of electronic databases. The library processes and functions are fully computerized and in addition to print material, it provides access to more than 40,000 online full text journals.
Management Center for Human Values 
The Management Center for Human Values (MCHV) is aimed at "integrating the soft and subtle dimension of human values with the mainstream of skill-dominated management education". Its mission is to integrate the soft and subtle dimension of human values with the mainstream of skill-dominated management education. The center is located in separate buildings in a serene part of the campus, surrounded by beautiful gardens. Its striking conical buildings are architecturally striking from the outside and are designed to be quite sanctums of learning and contemplation on the inside.
Hostels & Accommodation 
IIM-C has 4 main hostels for students pursuing its PGDM, PGDCM and Fellow programmes – Ramanujan Hostel (colloquially called Old Hostel), Tagore Hostel & Annexe (collectively called the White Hostel), New Hostel and Lake View Hostel. Students with families are provided separate family accommodation. However, PGP studends are provided single boarding accommodation only. Preference is given to FPM & PGPEX students for hostel allotment. There are separate hostels for PGPEX and PGPEX-VLM programmes. Students pursuing other courses are usually provided accommodation in the Tata Hall, the guest house in the campus.
Financial Research and Trading Lab 
Established in November 2008, the Financial Research and Trading Lab at IIM Calcutta gives an opportunity to students and faculty members to test financial models with "live" information from the major markets of the world like India's National Stock Exchange, Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and Bloomberg. The lab is the only one of its kind in India, and has advanced industry-standard equipment and facilities including 51 trading terminals, trading simulators and Bloomberg Terminals. The lab is aimed to help in academic programmes, research on financial markets, product design and testing, executive education and in organising international and national conferences on finance. The laboratory gives students a hands-on experience in financial market data analysis and modelling, and also helps in advanced applied research in financial markets.
New Campus 
The New Campus is composed of two large "houses" each accommodating 175 students in private rooms with attached balconies. A multi-level Student Commons with two levels of dining seating 200 covers on each floor and a large recreation area on the top floor serves the intellectual community. An Executive Centre with 200 suites and rooms, having training and syndicate rooms and well fitted executive dining and recreation areas is well under construction.
This new residential campus is connected to the existing campus via an innovative steel bridge which was awarded the most innovative steel structure in India in 2010 by the Indian Institute of Steel Research and Development, Ministry of Industries, GOI.
In the main campus a new Academic wing was opened in early 2011 that accommodates amphitheater lecture halls, computer laboratories, incubation areas, faculty offices, class rooms and syndicate rooms on five levels. A new Amphitheater Complex with five large amphitheaters of which two are for 200, 150 and 100 seats respectively shall enhance the teaching capacity of the Institute. These striking structures will enclose the Academic Quadrangle that will become the central focus of the new campus.
Student life 
Societies & Clubs 
There are several student-run clubs at IIM Calcutta. Clubs usually have faculty members as guides and consultants, though they are actually managed by students.
Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation 
The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) at IIM-C provides support for the creation of new business ventures by providing consulting services in evaluating opportunities, identifying resource requirements, helping in acquiring resources and managing new startups. It is also involved in entrepreneurial research and case development, and organises various events in the campus. The flagship event of CEI is the Annual International Entrepreneurship Summit.
Operations Club 
Operations Club at IIM Calcutta strategically aligns the interest of students towards Operations and Supply Chain Management domain. Operations club has been one of the best rated clubs at IIM Calcutta. The group has provided numerous live projects to student community apart from organising various events of National Levels like Roti Kapda Makan, State of Affairs etc. Operations Club has also launched second edition of PAN IIM Operations Magazine.Recently Operations Club associated with organizations incl. Amazon, L&T, Kolkata Police for knowledge partnership.
Consulting Club 
The Consulting Club provides its members with opportunities to get involved in real-life consulting projects that would provide them hands-on experience in the consulting domain. The club leverages IIM-C's strong alumni network and traditional relationships with management consulting firms to arrange various networking events that help students interact with practitioners in the consulting industry to gain a better understanding of the industry. The Consulting Club organises various competitions and events, and publishes an electronic magazine called The Joka Strategist. It also partners with peer groups in IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore for a magazine named AUDIRE.
Internet Solutions Group 
The Internet Solutions Group (ISG) at IIM Calcutta is a student team that works to make life on campus more convenient and efficient through the use of internet based applications and technology. The ISG is an entirely student-run entrepreneurial effort that touches almost every aspect of campus life at IIM Calcutta.Comprising entirely of student volunteers, the ISG is a highly motivated team that drives innovation, development, improves workflows and facilitates the development of cutting-edge technology for the college website and intranet.
Entrepreneurship Cell 
Usually referred to as the E-Cell, the Entrepreneurship Cell at IIM Calcutta aims to support and encourage entrepreneurship. The E-Cell has strong ties to TiE and the National Entrepreneurship Network, a non-profit organisation that aims to create and support high-growth entrepreneurs in India. The club organises i2I (Ideas to Implementation), a renowned annual B-plan competition, Ascent, an annual entrepreneurship workshop, and various other events.
Finance & Investments Club 
Popularly called the Fin Club, Finance & Investments Club collaborates with corporates and academia from the financial sector to provide a platform for students to improve their quantitative and analytical skills. Leveraging IIM Calcutta's traditional strength in finance, the club organises seminars, industry talks, workshops and finance-based simulated games. In 2009, it helped in organising an International Finance Conference, which is now planned to be held as an annual event.
Initiative for Community Action (INCA) 
INCA or INitiative for Community Action is an initiative of the students of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta focused on social work and community action. Modeled on the Initiative on Social Enterprise (ISE) at Harvard Business School, INCA's activities are primarily in the form of free management consulting service to voluntary organisations, NGOs and others doing useful social work.
OutTh!nk is a student club that focuses on puzzles and brain-teasers. It organises various competitions based on logical puzzles, strategy and game theory. The flagship event of OutTh!nk is Pixellated Chaos, a competition held as a part of Intaglio, that mixes the elements of game theory, collusion and treasure hunt.
IIM Calcutta Quiz Club 
One of the oldest quizzing societies in India, ICQC officially organises quizzes within the college on a regular basis and conducts quizzes on IIM Calcutta’s behalf during off-campus college fests. Members of the ICQC have done exceedingly well in quizzes all over the country and have earned great repute and respect in quizzing circles. Recently, Jayashree Mohanka, an alumnus from the 1983 batch was crowned national champion by winning the Mahaquizzer title in June 2012. By doing so, she became the first ever woman contestant to win the prestigious title.
Systems Consulting Club 
The Systems Consulting Club of IIM Calcutta provides a platform for prospective managers to gain experience with real-life issues and problems in technology-related areas. The flagship event of the club is Enigmatics, an annual technology quiz that pits the top management students of India against each other, testing their knowledge about various fields of technology. In addition to Enigmatics and other smaller-scale events, the club organises and supports major events in Intaglio, IIM Calcutta's annual international Business school meet. The club also publishes a magazine, CrossRoads, which reviews major technology-related news stories from around the world, and also publishes technology-oriented papers and essays by students and researchers. The overall objective of the club is to facilitate the development of a good understanding about relevant business processes, coupled with deep practical knowledge about underlying technologies.
Other major student clubs at IIM Calcutta 
The following is a partial list of other clubs and Special Interest Groups on campus:
- Adventure Club: Organizes various activities like treks, hikes and camping trips for students.
- Cinema Paradiso: A club for movie enthusiasts.
- Choreo Club: The dance club of IIM Calcutta.
- Colloquia: Organizes talks, seminars and workshops by eminent personalities on various topics in the campus.
- DramCell: A club dedicated to Dramatics, organizes plays and dramas.
- JBS BaroC: The music club of IIM Calcutta, and also the official band of the institute.
- Lakeside Lens Lovers (LLL): The Photography club of IIM Calcutta.
- MarCell (Marketing Cell): Organizes various events and competitions related to Marketing.
- Persona: The literary club of IIM Calcutta. It publishes two magazines: Inquest and IMZine, and conducts various literary events and competitions in the campus.
- Team Census: This club focuses on events related to Market research.
Student Exchange Programmes 
IIM Calcutta has an extensive network of partner B-schools worldwide through which it conducts student exchange programmes. For the Post Graduate Programme, the student exchange programme (STEP) is usually held in the fifth term, between August–September and December. Every year during this period, more than a hundred MBA students from IIM Calcutta leave for foreign institutes, and an equivalent number from various B-schools arrive in IIM Calcutta to spend the term there. Other academic programmes of IIM-C also offer exchange programmes. The institutes with which IIM Calcutta has student exchange relationships include Asian Institute of Technology, Asian Institute of Management, Bocconi University, Cardiff University, Copenhagen Business School, City University of New York, IE Business School, ESCP Europe, ESSEC, European Business School, Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Jönköping International Business School, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Louvain School of Management, National University of Singapore, Norwegian School of Management, Queensland University of Technology, University of Melbourne, University of California, Los Angeles and University of Mannheim.
Joka Times 
Joka Times is the student-run online campus magazine-journal of IIM Calcutta. It serves as a one-stop site for the latest events, news and updates on IIM Calcutta, and showcases the student-life at IIM-C. Joka Times also hosts a forum, through which students applying for courses at IIM Calcutta are guided by existing students at the institute.
Intaglio is the annual international Business school summit hosted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. The flagship event of IIM-C, it was started in 1992 as the National Business School Meet (NBSM), and is widely acknowledged to be the biggest B-school meet in India. Intaglio, usually held over a 3-day weekend in January, serves as a platform facilitating the interaction of eminent personalities from the industry, academia, media and government, holding conferences, workshops and seminars by experts in different fields on a wide range of topics. Intaglio also includes a large number of competitive and non-competitive events for B-school students, which attract participation from world-renowned institutions from around the world, like Asian Institute of Technology, Australian Graduate School of Management, CEIBS, ESCP Europe, Harvard Business School, other IIMs, London Business School, MIT Sloan, National University of Singapore, University of Toronto and the Wharton School. As a mark of its superior quality of events and processes, Intaglio in 2007 became the first event of its kind in India to achieve the ISO 9001:2000 certification from the International Organization for Standardization. In 2010, Intaglio got the distinction of being the first carbon-neutral B-school event in India.
The major regular events at Intaglio include:
- Olympus – the greatest leadership hunt: The flagship event of Intaglio in its recent editions, Olympus is a business leadership competition in which a single representative each from a few top B-schools compete against one another.
- Wizards Of Biz – the boardroom battle: A business simulation game.
- The Great Innovation Challenge: A competition that tests the business innovation and creative skills of participants.
- Consulting Knights: Co-sponsored by a reputed Management consulting firm, this event exposes participants to real life business situations, testing their consulting skills.
Carpe Diem 
Carpe Diem is the annual cultural fest organised by the students of IIM Calcutta. It's usually held over a 3-day weekend in February, and attracts participation from colleges and schools across India. In 2009, it had over 10000 participants from 97 colleges.
The major regular events at Carpe Diem are:
- Armageddon: Amateur Rock music competition.
- Symphony: Musical concert.
- Razzmatazz: Fashion show.
- Euphoria: Dance competition.
Notable people 
IIM Calcutta has a 15,000+ strong alumni network. Over the years, alumni of IIM Calcutta have taken up strategic positions in organisations around the world. IIM-C alumni include prominent entrepreneurs and business executives like Indra Nooyi (Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo), Ajit Balakrishnan (Founder, Chairman & CEO of Rediff.com), Srinath Narasimhan (MD and CEO of Tata Teleservices) and P M Murty (MD & CEO of Asian Paints). Other notable alumni include academics and scholars such as Ramchandra Guha and Krishna Palepu, and authors like Amish Tripathi and Swati Kaushal.
The Alumni Cell at IIM Calcutta manages interactions with the Alumni network and keeps them involved in important events in the institute. Every year the Alumni Cell conducts two major events:
- Reminiscence: The annual two day reunion hosted on the campus. The silver jubilee batch (alumni from the graduating batch 25 years ago) are the "guests of the campus"
- Nostalgia: The annual Alumni summer meets at different cities across the world
Faculty and staff 
Past and present faculty at IIM Calcutta include many prominent scholars such as historians Barun De and Rajat Kanta Ray, economists Paul Samuelson and Deepak Nayyar, statistician Rahul Mukerjee, Jagdish Sheth, and Warren Bennis. Yoginder K Alagh, a former union minister in the Government of India, previously taught Economics at IIM-C. Ashok Mitra, a marxist economist who was a professor at IIM-C later became the Finance Minister of the state of West Bengal.
- Swati Garg (12 May 2011). "Q&A: Shekhar Chaudhury, Director, IIM Calcutta". Business Standard (Business Standard).
- "QS World University Rankings". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2011. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- "The 50 best business schools". Business Today. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "India's top 50 business schools" (jpg). Hindustan Times. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "Think finance, think IIM Calcutta". www.Rediff.com. Rediff. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "B-school pact with Aussie varsity". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- Madhumita Mookerji (13 March 2010). "Salary windfall at IIM-C: Rs75 lakh for domestic job". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta to become 28th member school". Global Alliance in Management Education. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- RC Bhargava, Ajit Balakrishnan, Anusua Basu, Ram S Tarneja, Ashok Thakur (25 September 2008). "Report of IIM Review Committee". GOVERNMENT OF INDIA: MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "About IIM Calcutta". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: Campus – Infrastructure". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Consultancy and Management Development Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Executive Education: About Us". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta:Long Duration Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- "HughesNet Global Education: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta". www.HGNE.in. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "NIIT Imperia – Academic Partners: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta". www.NIITImperia.com. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management (PGDCM)". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "IIMC Department List". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Fellow Programmes in Management and Related Disciplines". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Fellow Programmes: Curriculum". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Doctoral Program". The Times Of India. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "Fellow Programmes: Specializations". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "PGPEX". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "CHAIRMAN’S MESSAGE". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Overview". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- S. Vaidhyasubramaniam (31 March 2008). "IIM-Calcutta’s one-year programme for executives". The Hindu (Chennai, India: The Hindu Group). Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Director's Message". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Chairman's Message". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Top B-Schools in India". CNBC-TV18. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "TEDxCalcutta: Venue – Indian Institute Of Management (IIM) Calcutta". www.TEDxCalcutta.com. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "About the Library". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "IIM-C finance lab to study major markets of the world". www.IndianExpress.com (Indian Express Group). 19 November 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Finance Lab At IIM For Meltdown Lessons". wwww.BusinessWorld.in (Businessworld). 19 November 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Financial Trading and Research Lab". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "JokaTimes – IIM Calcutta Clubs". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- "Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Annual International Entrepreneurship Summit 2009–10". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: Consulting Club". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- "Consulting Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- Jaivir. "IIM Calcutta: Internet Solutions Group". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Entrepreneurship Cell at IIM Calcutta". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Entrepreneurship Cell". www.ECellIIMCal.in/. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Finance & Investments Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "International Finance Conference 2009". www.IFC2009.in. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: INCA – INitiative for Community Action". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "INitiative for Community Action (INCA)". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "OutTh!nk: Extra-Curricular, Not Co-Curricular". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Pixellated Chaos". www.IIMC-Intaglio.com. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Mahaquizzer 2012 Top 100 Scores". www.kqaquizzes.org. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "The Systems Club – IIM Calcutta". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 21 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Adventure Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Choreo Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Colloquia: About Us". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "DramCell". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "JBS-BaroC". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "LLL". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "MarCell". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Persona". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "STEP @ IIM Calcutta: Partners". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "JokaTimes.com: About". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "IIM-C students get busy guiding aspirants". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 March 2010.[dead link]
- "IIM-C annual business festival from today". The Financial Express (Indian Express Group). 10 January 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Intaglio gets under way". The Hindu Business Line (The Hindu Group). 11 January 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta biz meet in Jan". The Hindu Business Line (The Hindu Group). 7 November 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Out of the box, leaders-to-be – B-schools in 3-day jamboree". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 5 November 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Singapore offers openings in banking, IT, electronics". The Financial Express (Indian Express Group). 5 January 2008. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM-C's Intaglio gets bigger". The Financial Express (Indian Express Group). 7 November 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM-C invites Buddha to check out best routes to SEZs.". The Financial Express (Indian Express Group). 31 December 2006. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Deepak H. "Intaglio 2007–08 at IIM Calcutta Witnesses International Participation at its Highest". www.coolavenues.com. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Intaglio 2007–08, IIM Calcutta – International participation at its highest". www.prurgent.com. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Bhargav Srikanthan. "A Day in the Life of an IIMCian: Intaglio". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Mahima Puri (6 January 2010). "IIM-C walks the extra green mile". The Economic Times (The Times Group). Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Showcase events". www.iimc-intaglio.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Welcome to Carpe Diem". www.IIMC-CarpeDiem.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Carpe Diem: Mega Events". www.IIMC-CarpeDiem.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Gala Alumni Reunion, 'Reminiscence 2008', Held at IIM Calcutta"
- "Nostalgia – IIM Calcutta's Annual Alumni Meet"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta|