Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
|Indian Institute of Management, Kashipur|
|भारतीय प्रबंधन संस्थान, काशीपुर|
|Type||Public business school|
|Chairman||Dhruv M Sawhney|
|Location||Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India
|Campus||Urban, 200 acres (0.81 km2) proposed|
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur (Hindi: भारतीय प्रबंधन संस्थान, काशीपुर), also known as IIM Kashipur, is a public business school located in Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India. It is one of the thirteen Indian Institutes of Management the government has set up during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan. The foundation stone was laid by the HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on 29 April 2011.
IIM Kashipur is currently operational from a temporary campus located at Ganna Sansthan, Bazpur Road. The applications for the first batch of students were invited through its mentor institute IIM Lucknow. The second batch was inducted on 2 July 2012.
 Academic programs
The admission to the Post Graduate Programme offered by the institute is through the Common Admission Test and the eligibility criteria are the same as those for Common Admission Test (CAT). IIM Kashipur offers Post Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management. The programme is spread over 2 years with 6 trimesters and a summer internship after the third trimester.
Taking the responsibility of giving a fillip to the financial acumen of students ahead of the curriculum, the finance club of IIM Kashipur engages the batch with information sessions, events and innovative activities at regular intervals.
OnYourMark, Marketing Club
OnYourMark, The Marketing Club of IIM Kashipur focuses on empowering marketing enthusiasts to be the most innovative and effective marketers in the industry. Our mission is to expand learning beyond the classroom.
World of business or otherwise, regular quizzes in all forms and styles are perfect to keep abreast with what’s happening around while adding enough fun.
With the ample opportunity provided by the industries in the area to studying real-time business scenarios, the consulting club seeks to promote consulting activities and build solutions and development plans for improvement.
Social Responsibility Forum
The forum members work upon the social issues prevalent in and around Kashipur area. This interaction not only has a social intent but also helps developing a management perspective towards the bottom of the pyramid.
 Board of Governors
Dr. Gautam Sinha is the director of the institute. Dhruv M Sawhney, Chairman & Managing Director, Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd. is the Chairman of the board of governors for the institute. Ashok Thakur, Additional Secretary, Government of India, Ministry of HRD, A. N. Jha, Joint Additional Secretary & F A, Government of India, Ministry of HRD, Tulsi Tanti, Chairman & Managing Director, Suzlon Energy Ltd., B Prasad Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), Deep Joshi, Member National Advisory Council, Subhash Kumar, Chief Secretary, Government of Uttarakhand, Rakesh Sharma, Principal Secretary, Technical Education, Government of Uttarakhand, Subodh Bhargava, Chairman, Tata Communications Ltd., Pradeep Tamta, Member of Parliament constitute the board of governors of the institute.
SAMANVAYA is IIM Kashipur's annual HR conclave aimed at deliberation and resolution of contemporary HR issues and challenges in the country.Till now two editions have already been hosted. Samanvaya '12 was organized on the theme " Managing human capital across cultures".
Manthan is IIM Kashipur's annual finance conclave.Manthan '11 saw many eminent dignitaries including Anand Sinha,deputy governor, Reserve Bank of India, discussing "Global economic crisis and its effect on India" theme of the event.
Alankar is held under the ambit of SPIC MACAY - IIM Kashipur Chapter. Alankar '12 witnessed perfect fusion of Indian classical music and dance courtesy a subtle Kathak performance by Ms. Monika Nayak.
- "Indian Institutes of Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Proposed IIMs". The Times Of India. 29 March 2008.
- Nagar, Abhishek (2011-05-29). "Foundation stone of IIM Kashipur laid by Kapil Sibal". PTI. dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- India. "Indian Institute of Management Lucknow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Inauguration of 2012-14 batch | Indian Institute of Management Kashipur". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Common Admission Test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "About the Programme | Indian Institute of Management Kashipur". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Student Clubs". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "IIM Kashipur: Dr. Gautam Sinha takes over as Director, IIM Kashipur; Draws roadmap for next 5 yrs". Mbauniverse.com. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Board of Governors | Indian Institute of Management Kashipur". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "IIM, Kashipur's first Covocation, guest of honor being President of India". www.ndtv.com. 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Sibal lays foundation stone of IIM, Kashipur". News.webindia123.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IIM Kashipur: Industry leaders discuss HR challenges at IIM Kashipur HR summit". Mbauniverse.com. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IIM Kashipur successfully concludes Samanvaya 2012". CoolAvenues.com. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-09-09.