Indian Military Review
Indian Military Review (IMR) is an Indian defence monthly magazine. It is published by IMR Media Pvt Ltd, part of the IDYB Group, which has been publishing military books since 1931. The Indian Defence Yearbook and Indian Military Review monthly magazine are the flagship publications of the IDYB Group. The Indian Military Review aims to stimulate the top brass intellectually and provides non-partisan analyses to middle level officers and is a source of information and learning for young officers.
Indian Military Review is edited by a team of retired service officers from the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. Major General R. K. Arora is executive editor of the journal. General Arora commanded 12 Infantry Division of the Indian Army and was head of the Red Forces Branch of Army Training Command before seeking voluntary retirement in October 2009. Indian Military Review has been recommended by the USI of India, a think tank of the three Indian services, which runs UN peacekeeping programmes and correspondence courses for staff college course aspirants and for promotion examinations.
Every month IMR carries articles related to major developments in the field of defence and security in the Indian sub-continent, neighbourhood, insurgency, internal and homeland security, armed forces' modernisation, paramilitary forces, defence research, military modernisation, military history and conferences & events.
Contents of the May 2013 issue can be seen here.
The editorial board of IMR has the following :
- Major General Ravi Arora
- Air Marshal Bharat Kumar
- Lt Gen DS Chauhan
- Maj Gen Deepak Mehta
- Lt Col Vijay S Bharthiae
- Vijay Mahajan
- Samir Narula
Gannet Government Media Corp (GGMC) USA entered into a content sharing agreement with IMR Media Pvt Ltd in November 2011. IMR carries eight pages of content from Defense News published weekly by GGMC in every issue of IMR.
Conferences & Exhibitions
IMR Media produce quality defence conferences and exhibitions in India. The first of such events, UV India 2011, was held on 13–14 October 2011, in New Delhi, India. Events organised in 2012-13 included:
- Military Simulation & Training 2012 – 21–22 June 2012.
- Heli & UV India 2012 – 15–16 November 2012
- Night Vision India 2013 16–17 January 2013.
- CBRN India 2013 – 16–17 April 2013.
- Precision Attack & Targeting India 2013 - 11–12 July 2013.
Events planned in 2013-14 include:
- Military Simulation & Training 2013 – 29–30 October 2013.
- Maritime & Coastal Security India 2013 - 14–15 October 2013.
- UV India 2013 – 25–26 November 2013.
- Battlefield Management - 28–29 November 2013.
- Night Vision India - 21–22 January 2014.
- CBRNe India 2014 - 6–7 March 2014.
- Indian Defence Review, Volume 22 (2): April-June 2007 Edition: Flipkart.com
- Indian Military Review, Indian Defence Yearbook, Defence Trade Directory & Buyer's Guide
- Indian Military Review Recommended by USI of India | PRLog
- Indian Military Review Magazine To Be Released In January 2010
- "Events". IDYB.