Indian National League
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
The Indian National League (INL) is a Muslim-based political party in India, mainly active in the states of Kerala Tamil Nadu Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Uttarpradesh, Delhi, Maharastra, West Bengal and Bihar. INL is a political party and its workers are mainly from Indian Union Muslim League (IUML)in Kerala . The party was formed on April 23, 1994, when Ibrahim Sulaiman Sait was resigned from IUML. Over 700 delegates, especially invited in view of their eminent stature in society, from over 14 states, converged in the Indian capital of New Delhi for the Indian Muslim political convention at Aiwane Ghalib Hall. This truly representative body resolved to adopt the recommendations of a high powered committee, consisting of 25 eminent leaders to launch a new secular, democratic and national party, named the Indian National League. This political party has been open to all citizens of India who sincerely adhere to the constitutional creed of secularism. The principles include unity and integrity of India, the rule of law, and equal respect to people belonging to different religions, classes, back grounds, regions, languages, and identities. The primary thrust of policies of the party would be to protect and preserve the identity, dignity, life, and property of all Indians especially the underprivileged. The party has made efforts towards drawing individuals, from all levels of society, into the national mainstream towards fuller participation in the process of national rebuilding and reconciliation. This secular party will fight against bigoted and communal forces and will not tolerate the desecration of any temple, mosque, gurudwara, or church, nor will it permit interference in the personal faith or religious affairs of any community.
- In the Tamil Nadu state assembly elections in 1996, INL was an alliance of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.inl won five seats in assembly.all India general secretary M.A.Latheef elected Hajj committee chairman
In Karnataka INL won its first Assembly seat by Qamarul Islam from Gulbarga Constituency and secured second place at Raichur constituency by Mohamed Fasalullah on 1995
In Maharastra INL secures Second place in Sholapur Constituecy on 1996
- In the Tamil Nadu state assembly elections in 2001, INL was an alliance of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, and contested two seats but win only one seat of Abdul latheef who died in the next year and later the seat was not allotted to INL again by AIADMK.
- In the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, INL launched four candidates in West Bengal and participated in a "third front" in Tamil Nadu (Advocate Mr E. Sarwar Khan), contest at Cuddalore Lok Sabha received 56,406 votes.
- In Kerala, INL has close relations with the Left Democratic Front. In the state assembly elections in 2001, INL launched candidates, supported by LDF, in Tirur and Kasergod and Nilambur . The candidate, professor A.P. Abdul Vahab, NA Nellikunnu and Anwar Master, received many votes and secured second place .
In the state assembly elections in 2006 INL launched three candidates, supported by LDF, in Manjeri, Kasargod, Kozhikode 2. The candidates were: Professor A.P. Abdul Vahab (Manjeri), N.A. Nellikunnu, (Kasaragod), Advt. P.M.A. Salam (Kozhikode 2). Advocate P.M.A. Salam won the Kozhikode 2 with highest margin of the constituency in HIstory .
A small team of INL headed by Siraj Ibrahim Sait, national general secretary, P.M.A. Salam, state general secretary of Kerala joined the Muslim League. N.A. Nellikkunnu, former INL state treasurer, was elected to Kerala Legislative assembly from Kasarkode in IUML ticket 2011, and P.M.A. Salam carried the post of secretary of Kerala state Muslim league. But The INL leaders made wonderful movements along with LDF in the 2011 election even there was dilemma in their camp and now they are consireding party by LDF in their programmes After 2011 Assembly Election many leaders from splinter group headed by PMA salam Joined back to INL leaders like Dr. NVA Majeed Currently active with INL and Major part of National Secular Conference Joined with INL which gives a huge support in Thrissur District with the leadership of Kechery Mohamed Kutty and he is working as State Vice President of INL Kerala State In 2011 Kerala election, INL contested along with LDF in 3 seats. INL state president lost from Koothparamb constituency, with a differennce of 3,345 votes.
In Bihar INL formed the third front of 11 parties named UNITED SAMAJWADI ALIANCE (USA) and INL Bihar stete president Reyaz ahmad aatish is convenor of U.S.A
- President: Prof. Sulaiman from Uttar Pradesh
- General Secretary: Alavudeen Ansari from Andhra Pradesh
- Kerala state president: Sa Puthiya Vallapil(Son of CKP Cheriya Mammukeyi Sahib)
- General secretary: Ap Abdul Vahab -
National Youth League
The National Youth League (NYL) is the youth wing of the Indian National League. The president of the NYL is Sarfraz Khan from Bihar,
National Students League:- National Students League is the students wing of Indian National League